Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Barclays Nightmare

sooo..  Barclays still a fiasco..  still can't get through to them...  No help from 

AARP...  Cant imagine who at AARP decided that I wanted another Mastercard when previous card was a Visa.. useless to me as I deal with a vendor who only takes Visa... Called AARP this morning & was told the they are "working on it"  explained to them that if they can't fix this within a week then I will cancel BOTH my Barclays card AND my AARP membership (which I've had for years).  would encourage y'all to call their AARP's Customer Svc line at 888-our-aarp (888-687-2277).. they do answer.

jw

Info Seeker

I never activated the new cards, but then received a statement with the new balance and a $29 late fee.   Took 35 minutes (not too bad) to get someone from Barclays who did speak English. 

No longer have access to the Chase account and never got access to the new Barclay account.

I was able to get the $29 fee waived.   Paid the outstanding balance via ACH.

Strange they did have my automated payment account, but they did not use that account for an automated payment.   Canceled the Barclays account and will let my AARP expire at the end of the month.

Periodic Contributor

I cancelled our Barclays account yesterday and am glad to be done with it. I received an survey from Barclays about "my experience" with their reps which seemed to be totally clueless a to what the problems are with their system. They ask about the reps, not the process which is screwing their customer base over. It is NOT the reps which are the problem - it is the management which does not seem to be in touch with reality as they have no idea of how to handle such a massive change over. Congratulations to their crack management team for their wonderful example of what not to do for use of future classes of MBA students.

Periodic Contributor

Nightmare is right. The fun continues. After multi-day issues over 3 weeks ago getting this card up and running for my 85 year old mother, I attempted to login this evening with the log in user name and password set up on 9/21. "For security purposes" i was once again asked to enter my mom's social security number, birthdate, phone number etc.  I did all that - twice - and Barclay said none of the info I entered matches what they have in their records.  You have got to be f$*#in kidding me!  And now I am locked out and prevented from trying to log in again. And of course, you can only call customer service (what an oxymoron) between 8-8 ET. So tomorrow I will be back on the phone que from hell....With paperless billing, there is NO way to check charges or print out anything for my mom's records (which are very helpful at tax time) when you are prevented from logging in.  Of course, I have all password and user names noted and used the exact ones I finally was able to set the account up with over 3 weeks ago. Elder abuse at its finest. Has anyone looked into filing a class action???

Contributor

Can't download statement.  We have 2 cards with different numbers on the same account, but can only access with one card number online. Barclays won't answer the phone.

Regular Contributor

@edandsherry2 

AARP Member Benefits Team here to help. We certainly understand your concern regarding the service provided by Barclays. Weโ€™d be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team we work with at Barclays for their thorough review and investigation if youโ€™d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, โ€œAARPLakeishaโ€ into the โ€œSend toโ€ box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

• Your first & last name
  • AARP membership number (or home address)
  • Best contact phone number

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP