Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Barclays AARP credit card

Spoiler
This company is the worst. I have had a lot of credit cards in my life but this one is the worst. They should not be in business. They have totally messed up my account and are charging me over due fees. I always pay my bills. Have not messed a bill payment in over 10 years. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

You can always contact AARP for help if there's an issue with an AARP provider. Please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/) to contact us by phone, chat or text.

•            Description of your issue

•            Mention that you are requesting an escalation

We look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

This information given is of no use.  I just called your AARP help center to escalate my problem with Barclays canceling my AARP Mastercard due to inactivity.

Your AARP representative told me I have to talk with a Barclay 'supervisor' and have them explain why the card was canceled and THEN call back to AARP and ask for an escalation of the issue.  What a waste of time!

I talked with Barclays on October 15, 18, 24, 25, and 26 of 2022.  Complete run-around

I have also talked with Portfolio Credit Unit a sub-unit of Barclay... againa a complete run-around.

Barclay acquired my account during the 4th quarter of 2021.  My account is just at a year old and now it is canceled due to inactivity?  I use this card when I travel but due to COVID the past couple of years I have not traveled.

I see from the community forums many AARP members are unhappy with the incompetent company.

Shame on AARP for subjecting its member to this type of business.  This type of cancellation can affect some credit scores.  

Regular Contributor

Hi @ml5956, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding AARP Credit Card provided by Barclays. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Barclays to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with your AARP Credit Card from Barclays, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPThelmaG” and selecting "AARPThelmaG Community Concierge into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP