Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Barclay's Mastercard statement download error

Contributor

Barclay's Mastercard statement download error

Got the email notification from Barclay that my Mastercard statement was ready. Went to the site on my iPhone and could see the statement but no download. Went to the site on my computer and also could not download it - 

An error has occurred.

An error occurred while processing your statement request. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later.

Tried again the next day - same thing. Called Barclay (and AMAZINGLY got a human) but they said that this is AARP and Chase's fault not theirs. Asked to speak to a supervisor and went into the silent hold for 10+ minutes before I hung up. Who are these CLOWNS? FYI, PNC Cash Rewards Visa sounds like a decent non-branded alternative.

Retired Moderator

Hi there, AARP Member Benefits Team here to help. I am sorry to see you are still experiencing issues with your AARP Credit Card from Barclays. I certainly understand your frustration and would be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team we work with at Barclays for their thorough review and investigation if you’d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPAngelaC” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

- Full name
- AARP membership number (or home address)
- Best contact phone # and email
- Do you still need assistance with obtaining a statement/still getting the error?

- Is there anything additional you need assistance with regarding the AARP Credit Card?

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hmm. Well, I for one, can now report my "issues" with this matter are over. I cancelled the cursed card and directed my bank NOT to release any funds to Barclays.  (double and triple billings were an amusing sidelight).  Hard though to cancel a card whose issuer does not even recognize the number they gave you!    Not good though: my credit score i (in the 900's) dropped like a rock.   Maybe it's time to lawyer up and make Barclays and AARP pay for the hell they have put me through.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Access denied. AARP, please make sure that your links work. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

I was locked out from my Visa account by Barclays. I called Chase and the woman told me to go to a Chase bank, as there's one near me, pay off my balance and apply for a new Chase Visa card. Believe me, the customer service was far better than Barclays as I only had to wait about 10 minutes. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Chase couldn't help me because they no longer hold my account. I wanted to pay off the balance so I can forget about trying to activate Barclays card. 

Retired Moderator

Hi there, AARP Member Benefits Team here to help. I am sorry to see you are still experiencing issues with your AARP Credit Card from Barclays. I certainly understand your frustration and would be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team we work with at Barclays for their thorough review and investigation if you’d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPAngelaC” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

- Full name
- Are you still locked out of your Barclays online account?

- Is there anything additional you need assistance with regarding the AARP Credit Card?

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

when I try to access the above link, I get access denied

Contributor

Angela, I have been on hold to unlock my account on Barclays website the last 3 days an hour each time. They are impossible to get someone on the line. 

Retired Moderator

Sorry to hear this! I'll be glad to help by forwarding your concern to the Escalation team we work with at Barclays for their thorough review if you’d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPAngelaC” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

- Full name

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

We are on another day of waiting for Baclays relationship team to take our call. After an hour or more, we have to hang up. I can't activate my card online because of an error message and I am locked out of it. I have a payment due on October 3rd and now I'll get a late charge. I have a perfect record of paying bills on time and this will be on my record through no fault of my own.

[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Edited to remove personal information.]

I am still locked out of Barclays online account

[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Edited to remove personal information.]

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

@intersan Sorry to hear this! I'll be glad to help by forwarding your concern to the Escalation team we work with at Barclays for their thorough review if you’d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPLakeisha” into the “Send to” (hopefully this link will work) box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

- Full name

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP