Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Barclay $10 credit insult

For the Visa to Barclay transition aggravation and  all the complaining last month, I got a $10 credit on my account.💩  I think it should be $1000 based on the hours I waited on the phone.  Did everybody get a $10 credit in this month's statement?   

Again, I think the AARP VP made a bad decision for 38 million members and should be fired.. And there should be investigation on kickbacks and violation of the RICO Act by the FBI. 😎

Periodic Contributor

I for one did not receive a credit. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The most disgusting part of AARP's horrible transfer from Chase to Barclay was their ability to avoid any semblance of contrition. You can't even find a place on the website to email AARP to voice your displeasure. Just quit them!

Periodic Contributor

I just got a letter telling me that I would get a $10 credit on my next bill. However, my card never even came and then I got a letter telling me that they had cancelled my account, which I apparently never had as I couldn't get an account number because my card never came. What a mess - and I will NOT be renewing my AARP account. They didn't even apologize for the giant mess and screwing with my credit. Shame on AARP. All their bleating about how they help seniors and all they really do is take advantage. This is the beginning of the end of AARP at least in our house.

@evannrichards 

AARP Member Benefits Team here to help. We certainly understand your concern regarding the service provided by Barclays. We’d be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team we work with at Barclays for their thorough review and investigation if you’d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPLakeisha” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

• Your first & last name
  • AARP membership number (or home address)
  • Best contact phone number

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

After one week in Barclay Bank hell, I gave up and applied for another card. Here is what I wrote to them I am done. Main problem was transition from Chase VISA to Barclays which should have been seamless. Then, Barclays integrates new customers in, tiny frustrating piece by tiny frustrating piece. My account had overlapping statements which were scheduled for payment, effectively doubling my payments. Resolving a problem when Barclays for several days does not recognize their own account numbers! A phone call yesterday finally connected me with a young man with a heavy accent--probably in India. I was unable to speak to a human being who recognized the English language. Every number (credit card or AARP member card) was deemed an "error". This morning I cancelled this card and told my bank not to honor any further withdrawals initiated by Barclays. I am not done---AARP is going to hear from me--I have no idea of the bait that was used to get them to turn their back on millions of elderly members---but they will rue the day they did.

Regular Contributor

Actually what AARP did could be termed "elder abuse".

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP