Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Atlanta GA Airport (ATL) Carrabba's Italian Grill

Atlanta GA Airport (ATL) Carrabba's Italian Grill

I was at the Atlanta GA Airport (ATL) Carrabba's Italian Grill and they refused to accept my membership.  Our server said the restaurant worked under Carrabba's Italian Grill but was not a Carrabba's Italian Grill.  The sign was for the restaurant said Carrabba's Italian Grill and was the same I see in all other place around the country, the carryout bags said Carrabba's Italian Grill, basically everything about the restaurant was Carrabba's Italian Grill.   Very disappointed in the false advertising.

Regular Contributor

Hello! I'm sorry to hear of this experience. Not all restaurant locations participate in the AARP Program. Based on my research, this is not a participating location. You may view locations through the tool shown after selecting the restaurant here https://www.aarp.org/membership/benefits/restaurants/

I hope this was helpful!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Under the law, if you represent yourself to be a certain business entity, you must honor those discounts.  There is a legal theory to support that assertation.

My suggestion is to file a dispute with your credit card carrier, show the discount from AARP''s web site and calculate the lost discount.  Your credit card carrier will likely give you the credit with no further questions.

This franchise operator needs to honor the program or sell the franchise.  DO NOT accept this nonsense.

Even the airport's website says Carrabba's Italian Grill.

https://www.atl.com/skypointe/#1586182536001-9fa60c45-74ff

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Let's cut the nonsense here.  If you display the Carrabba's sign, then honor the discount.  The business is steered based upon the brand marketing.  

Like I said, file a dispute with your credit card carrier and SHAME ON AARP for allowing certain locations to wiggle out of the discounts.  That's not what this member paid an annual fee to obtain.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Our members are more than welcome to utilize the discounts at many of the other restaurants in our discount program. The program is an agreement between the provider and AARP, therefore certain locations can choose to opt out such as this airport location as they are not obligated to participate. If there are any discrepancies with the location listed on our website "location finder", we will be more than happy to contact the Executive Level Resolutions Team in order to have this reviewed and the location in question contacted directly. Thank you for providing suggestions to your fellow member and I hope you have a wonderful day! 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

In other words, there is fine print everywhere.  AARP needs to clearly indicate that SOME locations will give a discount, not blow the brand around and people rely upon that when they choose a restaurant.

I continue to maintain what I recommended.  File a dispute with your credit card carrier and let that vendor figure it out.  As far as AARP, you need to do better, much better.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP