Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anyone know how to debug the location section?

Contributor

Anyone know how to debug the location section?

The "local" section on the coupons is set to washington DC and I can't change it. Have tried everything. It's like it's locked

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DoerayG451015 Let's look into this. Could you possibly provide me a link to the page where you are having this issue?

0 Kudos
Contributor

AARPยฎ Member Benefits: Browse More Restaurant Discounts 

The site refuses to accept new data and will not allow change to the default

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@DoerayG451015 We are currently experiencing technical difficulties on that site; which may be causing the location issue for you. Please try again later and let me know if it does not resolve. 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

The issue is the wifi now allows any area to be used for any other area! I've been arguing this issue for 2 years; our ISP is using PHX but we're LAS...

That needs to stop, especially since we in LV know a "known" killer was "unknown" although everything he did was monitored and followed!

Setting location other than true IP should be illegal! COX should be held accountable for their "fluid" IP manipulation! They're part of EVERY governments participation into wrongdoing!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

If you're referring to this ----> AARPยฎ Member Benefits: Browse More Restaurant Discounts

I tried this and it worked for me:

-  click on " Washington, DC 20004 "  - not either red icons on left and right of it - just the word

- I saw new " Enter Zip Code 20004 "

- now 'click' once behind the end of 20004 ( to the right of 4 ) - in the box;    not Washington DC

- now 'backspace' until 20004 is gone ---> see 'No Results'

- enter your zip code.--> see 'Washington DC ' change to your 'local town, state and zip code' --> now click on this new  'your local town' display.

๐Ÿ˜Ž   More Restaurant Discounts ( Local ) 

Contributor

I did that several times and it always reverted back to the DC default

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Just wondering if you got a resolution to this @DoerayG451015  ?  I was able to follow the instructions of @OneDayMatisyahu  (Changing the Zip Code to Philly) and get a valid coupon list.  Verified the locations of Dagwood's Pub and The White Elephant Restaurant.  Then I shut down my browser, changed my VPN settings and did it again. 

The tricky part for me was when I typed in "19115" the page popped up a suggestion of "Philadelphia, PA 19115".  I had to click on "Philadelphia, PA 19115" to get the location to change from "Washington, DC 20004" to "Philadelphia, PA 19115"

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP