Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

Another reason to drop Barclays

This morning, I checked my account online. I saw 2 charges from USA Orange #1980  on 9/17 & 9/18 that I never purchased. I tried calling the merchant, but I couldn't find the transaction numbers. Now, I'm back on the phone, waiting for Barclays to answer. I sit here knowing that someone has my number and can make more purchases. With Chase, there was a quick response when a fraud was being reported. I'm going to pay off this nightmare that Barclay has created and drop them . My advice is to check your statements online because it's obvious that Barclay has no concern about fraudulent charges. This is another gift from AARP.

Regular Contributor

@intersan 

AARP Member Benefits Team here to help. We certainly understand your concern regarding the service provided by Barclays. Weโ€™d be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team we work with at Barclays for their thorough review and investigation if youโ€™d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, โ€œAARPLakeishaโ€ into the โ€œSend toโ€ box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

• Your first & last name
  • AARP membership number (or home address)
  • Best contact phone number

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I forgot to mention that I tried filling out disputing a claim on line, but it wouldn't let me submit it. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

On their website, there's a number to report fraud. It's 1-866-677-1563. At least I was able to get someone to block both our cards. The connection was very poor though as there was a lot of noise and talking in the background. It must have been from overseas. I can imagine how frustrating this is for a senior citizen who is hard of hearing or doesn't have computer skills. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP