Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

Another reason to drop Barclays

This morning, I checked my account online. I saw 2 charges from USA Orange #1980  on 9/17 & 9/18 that I never purchased. I tried calling the merchant, but I couldn't find the transaction numbers. Now, I'm back on the phone, waiting for Barclays to answer. I sit here knowing that someone has my number and can make more purchases. With Chase, there was a quick response when a fraud was being reported. I'm going to pay off this nightmare that Barclay has created and drop them . My advice is to check your statements online because it's obvious that Barclay has no concern about fraudulent charges. This is another gift from AARP.

Regular Contributor

@intersan 

AARP Member Benefits Team here to help. We certainly understand your concern regarding the service provided by Barclays. We’d be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team we work with at Barclays for their thorough review and investigation if you’d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPLakeisha” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

• Your first & last name
  • AARP membership number (or home address)
  • Best contact phone number

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I forgot to mention that I tried filling out disputing a claim on line, but it wouldn't let me submit it. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

On their website, there's a number to report fraud. It's 1-866-677-1563. At least I was able to get someone to block both our cards. The connection was very poor though as there was a lot of noise and talking in the background. It must have been from overseas. I can imagine how frustrating this is for a senior citizen who is hard of hearing or doesn't have computer skills. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP