Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Re: An exact date of the "New" program would be nice for "budgeting" our "old" Rewards Points

Message 1 of 2

Hi @CatGiorgia66, I understand how knowing an exact date would be useful as you spend your points. We will give you a 30 day notice prior to the final day to redeem using Rewards for Good. Thanks for your patience during this transition period.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking on the ellipsis option button (the three dots) in the top-right corner of the reply.

View solution in original post

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

An exact date of the "New" program would be nice for "budgeting" our "old" Rewards Points

Message 2 of 2

On one page of this site, it says:

Keep Using Your Points through September!

We’re stocking up the Rewards for Good catalog with hundreds of new rewards and prizes, so you’ll have plenty to choose from before the new program starts in September    *.

and

Redeem Points

* Specific launch date to be announced.
Rewards for Good points do not roll over to the new AARP Rewards program.

This vagueness makes it rather hard to decide how to spend points.  IF the old Rewards Program will go on "through September," then we must budget our points judiciously.  However, if the new Rewards Program is starting "in September," "Specific launch date to be announced," we might have one week, two weeks, 20 days, all of the September, ANY ODD NUMBER OF DAYS to use, dole out, spend our expiring points. 

This wishy-washy, indeterminate roll-out is typical of the inexcusable shoddyness and sloppyness of AARP programmers.  Yes, I know a lot of this stuff is "free" (or, put another way, a perk added since the beginning of the internet has out-flanked just puglishing a magazine and the Bulletin), BUT, if you're offering something which is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, and even save AARP members money, you really should invest in hiring some competent programmers and program-coordinators. 

Maybe you need to hire people in a "blind" test -- i.e., without them knowing they're going to be working for "old folks"?  Maybe you're getting insufficient levels of expertise on your staff because young, expert programmers don't think the AARP needs anybody sharp?

Whatever the case, the above is just about the same thing I've been saying about Sweeptakes, and Rewards to earn by taking Quizzes, and the Games, etc., etc.  If the amorphous, semi-unknown roll-out date of the "New" program is any indication, it will be just as dysfunctional as the "Old" program.  Sigh.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season