Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP recommended car insurance......NO NO NO

Message 1 of 1

Shame on you AARP!!! Your big deal discount car insurance at the Hartford is the biggest elder rip off I’ve come across.I called for my free quote. I’m currently paying $624 every 6 months with Geico, $1250 annually. First I was quoted $3000,seriously?

When I asked if she gave me all the discounts that i was entitled to (and I had to read them off my Geico policy) she came back with $2000……..for the same policy!    SHAME on you!!

The Hartford is so expensive, that it really comes down to fraud………how can one company charge $1200 and the other company, first rattle off $3000…….then adjust down to $2000…….still $800 MORE.

AARP members are living on Social Security and do not earn an income and cannot throw $800 out to window.Additionally in trying to get specific information from the Hartford, it was like pulling teeth, I finally hung up. YOUR JOB, and my membership exceptions are the you protect seniors and provide benefits. Up until now, I thought 
you did.

Linda Patterson

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera