Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

AARP and British Airways

Does anyone know if the discount on British Airways is still available for AARP  members? Have used it successfully in the past but have been unable to access it over the last couple of days..although it's still showing on this website.  Thanks for any response 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I like AARP Benefits & Discounts

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Thanks, your support is greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Still not working as of tonight.  The price through the AARP Expedia travel center is actually hundreds of dollars more than on the BA site.

With a Chase BA Visa card you get a 10% discount on BA fares as well by the way.

Contributor

Still not working as of Nov 8th.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes, thus my guess the Expedia tie-up required AARP to block the AARP->BA discount. The way it was done (simply nuking the page & causing 'Page Not Found' error) is indicative of a hasty move.
The lack of a press statement by AARP is another worrying sign.
The lack of specific if/when the AARP->BA discount will return is especially costly to those of us planning to book tickets.
It all reflects very badly on our AARP administration.

Community Concierge

@jessiemac Yes! AARP members save $65 off World Traveller (economy) and World Traveller Plus (premium economy) or $200 off Club World (business class) fares when you purchase round-trip transatlantic tickets online to over 130 destinations, including Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. Check out our site for more info here: https://www.aarp.org/membership/benefits/travel/british-airways/

0 Kudos

Its a page not found error, unfortunately. My chat with a rep only alluded theyโ€™re having trouble but are working on getting it back, and just check back in occasionally. Not helpful if I need to book soon.

0 Kudos
Contributor

it is not showing as available anywhere on the site. No mention of the BA discount anywhere.

0 Kudos

not working.  bad url?

0 Kudos

I screamed at BA and AARP. BA blew me off. AARP admitted that the problem is on their end and are trying to solve it. That was two days ago. 

Community Concierge

@neils138848 Yes, it is unavailable at this time. Please check back periodically, as we work to get this fixed.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Probably most effective means to get this resolved quickly is for many affected AARP members to contact media Travel Editors (e.g. Rick Steves, Forbes, NYT, WaPo, etc.)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The Link (https://www.aarp.org/membership/benefits/travel/british-airways/) is giving a 404 (Page Not Found) error.

Periodic Contributor

25-Oct-2023: AARP Support (both Krystie & Bianka) write: "The online offer is temporarily unavailable with British Airways".
Possibly the AARP/Expedia relationship has disrupted the long-standing AARP-BA contract? No forecast is given as to when/if it will be reestablished.
BTW: First line of Chat response is: Member should try a different Browser. Later, you'll be told the unhappy news.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@Narundi I'm so sorry for this error. The online offer is temporarily unavailable as of 10/24. Please check back periodically, as we are working with British Airways to provide this offer to our members.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you JanelleM  for your clarification/confirmation.
Are you able to give an opinion: Are we looking at Days? Weeks? Months? or Indefinite? for providing the BA offer.
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@Narundi Unfortunately, I don't have any further info. Feel free to check back as the details may change ๐Ÿ˜Š

0 Kudos
Contributor

It is Nov 6, 2023, BA having a sale and the link in AARP is not working. Not the end of the world, but $65-$200 is a nice extra savings.  Any ideas when this will be back or has AARP moved to Expedia and ditching British Airways.  Expedia future $50 and measly .02% (not 2%) return in OneKey reward is not the same. Besides, its better to book direct.

Community Concierge

@dfrank005 We are working with British Airways to provide this offer; unfortunately, we do not have an update yet. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Continually checking for updates but the offer is still unavailable.  I am hoping to book flights soon  ..do you have any further information about the reinstatement of this offer? Thank you 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@jessiemac I'm sorry, Jessie. No updates on this yet. 

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

The portal doesn't work again.  British Air's website says book by March 31, 2024 and AARP shows January 31, 2024.  Did the relationship expire or is there another technical glitch?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@c565362m The British Airways benefit has been extended to March 31, 2024. Check out the details here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us/offers/partners/aarp-member-benefits

0 Kudos
Contributor

There seems to be an issue with the link again. Details says benefit is for flights booked by end of June 2024, but whenever I use the link, my BA search says no flights are available.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@GabNewman  I'm sorry you're having trouble! Here is the link to the AARP British Airways member benefits link: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us/offers/partners/aarp-member-benefits and it is available until June 30, 2024. Be sure to log into your aarp account. Let me know if I can help!  Jodee R.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you for your response. I have been trying for several weeks and always get the same "Sorry, we have no flights available. "

I have cleared my cache. have tried the link you provided. I am logged into my account. I have tried dates in May June, July and August. I have tried going through the AARP app on my phone. My husband logged in from his account using his email on his laptop and he is getting the same result. Still no success. 

From the other comments, I see that I am not the only one experiencing this problem. There is some issue with the link or with the hand-off to the BA website. Please have someone in your IT dept investigate.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@GabNewman  I'm sorry this is so frustrating! You must access aarp.org, click Membership & Benefits, scroll to our Travel section under Flights & Vacations, and select British Airways. You can also click the Search Benefits tab and enter British Airways, or visit: https://www.aarp.org/membership/benefits/travel/ ?cmp=SNO-LITHIUM---&socialid=13576558282; Take care!  Jodee R. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

You should try this yourself.   You will find the link to BA works, but when you enter the trip information and submit, you get a message โ€œSorry, we have no flights availableโ€.   It doesnโ€™t matter what dates you choose or what class you choose, the response is the same.   Either AARP is sending to the wrong link, or BA no longer supports the discount.   Very frustrating.   

Community Concierge

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The link is working on my end.  Try clearing your web browser's cookies and cache and try again with the following link:  https://www.britishairways.com/en-us/offers/partners/aarp-member-benefits. Make sure you are logged in to your AARP account. - Daniela R. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

AARP Memorial Day Membership Sale

More From AARP