Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP Travel by Expedia? What discounts? --- What the heck???

Periodic Contributor

AARP Travel by Expedia? What discounts? --- What the heck???

We are planning a 7-day trip to SC. I was checking hotel prices using the AARP Powered by Expedia site. I returned later I to book the hotel but I accidently logged in to my Personal Expedia account.

The same hotel, same rooms, same dates were ALL $5.00 / night CHEAPER booking through my personal Expedia site.  

So who is getting the AARP discount???

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

You have discovered that AARP's discounts are a sham, something I have said for years.

In almost every case, discounts offered by AARP are bested by either the retailer themself through a loyalty program or through some other means.

View solution in original post

Periodic Contributor

I am retired and I have compared all types of AARP "sponsered" insurance coverages, (now) travel discounts, prescription drug cards and plans, etc. The only AARP discount I have actually found to use is with our cell provider - which is basically equal to my annual AARP membership fee.

I have to admit I have not been impressed with AARP so far. Seems to me that members that don't do their own shopping and comparisons may actually be spending more using AARP "discounts"!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

How much do you pay as a membership fee?

What they charge people is a sham there too.

People were paying $16 a year for the longest time.

I called and negotiated $31 for a five year period, I am still in that period.

I noticed recently they were running a reduced rate but still not as low as I negotiated several years ago (about $6 a year)

Periodic Contributor

Thanks @nctarheel(BTW - displaced and frustrated CU fan here! Hope we both have a better 2022! Ha!)  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

You have discovered that AARP's discounts are a sham, something I have said for years.

In almost every case, discounts offered by AARP are bested by either the retailer themself through a loyalty program or through some other means.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP