Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

AARP: Please end your affiliation with The Hartford -- they are ripping seniors off

Contributor

AARP: Please end your affiliation with The Hartford -- they are ripping seniors off

I have had car and home insurance through AARP - The Hartford for 17 years.  I just assumed that since it was through AARP it would be good.  How wrong I was.  They might have been in the beginning.  I just changed my insurance to State Farm for the same coverage and I am saving $1400!  

When I told them I wanted to end my policy, they didn't even ask me why, even though I'd been with them for 17 years.  I guess they knew what a rip-off they were.

AARP, you should not allow your name to be affiliated with this company!  

First time getting a quote from Hartford. I thought my Progressive auto renewal went up too much so I looked to Hartford. Hartford came it at $700 more for less coverage and a higher deductible! Crazy. Guess we will be staying with Progressive. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I look at way more than price when shopping for insurance.  In all but two car accidents in my life time have been caused by uninsured motorists hence my company has to pay the claim.  Claim handling is the most important aspect of insurance  for me.  In the case of  auto insurance it would seem a large number of drivers in Connecticut  don’t even bother to keep insurance so they save tons of money leaving the burden on me.  My uninsured/underinsured premiums are nearly 1/3 of total premium . Maybe if there were any real consequences for ignoring the law that requires you to carry auto insurance that premium would drop. I don’t know where you live but when I went shopping a couple of years ago State Farm had almost the highest premium of all insurance companies. At least they get good marks for handling claims. The cheapest quotes I got were all from companies with  poor claim handling or would not write single limit liability policies . 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Good that you found out, before you were there another 17 years, usually when companies have been affiliates for a long number of years, they are already aware of certain practices. And it is always, always about the money. But every year check out other insurance companies to see what tthey have to offer -- car, house, flood boat, airplane.  Now a days, it's all about the money.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP