Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP DISCOUNT DISAPPOINMENT

Message 1 of 1

AARP Discounts? I rarely write reviews but after being inundated with AARP offers for memberships, heathcare, discounts and more, today after receiving my mail another AARP DEAL was in my Mailbox.

I have been considering a Simplisafe Security System fot quite sometime. I watch for deals as everyone does.

Today I was offered the AARP/Simplisafe discount printed on cardstock approx 8 inches by 5.

Lots of paper. Lots of Ink. Hardly a week passes I am not receieving offers from AARP in the same manner.

The two photos show the same website, the same time of day. The same day, the same security package.

I ask myself, why am I paying a premium for an offer I can get for free. This has happened on numerous occasions with hotels and restaurants and healthcare via United Healthcare.

I think from today going forward I will keep my membership money in my wallet.

A waste of my membership dues when the company direct discount is exactly the same. I thought the purpose of AARP was to provide the best offers out there for Seniors. Stop promoting products and use the monies to pay for more lobbying in Washington to protect Seniors. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 5.06.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-18 at 5.06.47 PM.png

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT). Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.