Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

SCRAMBLE WORDS: get all with 2plus min left but can't pass 34,000 points. What can I do better??

How do you score higher? How do you address pop up letters?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Bonus words are more important than time.  Not sure exactly what dictionary this game follows, but scrabble is a good start.  Lots of words you may not know/expect, including proper names (not in Scrabble).  Try to avoid just filling the words in the grid and find bonus words.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm like you , solve the puzzle , tons of bonus words , plenty of time left but only half as many points as the "Top Scores" Something is missing in the explanation . It says Don't forget to get those bonus letters for a better score , but has no explanation of what that means or how to do it .......Help !!!!!

Gold Conversationalist

@BrianH824296   Same here.  My best score is around 40K.  At first it was in the 20s, then 30s, so I am headed in the right direction.   I was surprised to see very little difference in points from having 2 minutes left and 2 minutes 30 seconds.  I thought I was going to hit the jackpot, lol.   Have had many bonus words but will read Michael's link with interest to see what else I need to do,  Key to improving as much as I have is to type the letters, not click on them.  Much faster.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I donโ€™t understand the scoring either. I only score higher because Iโ€™m addicted and thus spend a lot of time โ€œpracticingโ€. It sounds like an old Monty Python sketch but the best thing to do is keep that finger moving as fast as possible, try to pay attention to both time and words you can sneak in that arenโ€™t on the list so you get those bonus word points. Oh, and drop some of those unnecessary chores and social events off the calendar so you can โ€œplay more to improve you scoreโ€!๐Ÿ˜‚

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP