WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: the new "improved" bidding for Rewards for Good...

Message 11 of 21

still fed up with poor setup and ability to use Points, from Rewards for Good.

The new  system stinks.

They're still "monopoly money"...only devalued beyond  belief, while becoming more and more inpossible to use--worthless.  Our time  spent chasing these "prizes" is a sad story...our last years wasting time chasing crap.  

I AM glad when AARP  does some good, advocating for a decent Healthcare bill, and protecting Medicaid and Medicare.  Also to present a group front on our voices to Senators and other Representatives.  And offering Caregiver Retreats.  Que Bono.   But the Rewards is an advertisers scam.

But their Reward for Good is a waste of good  time, and that's not good.

g

GBurt
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

Thank you for your posts

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

The end effect is many regular AARP members like ourselves can no longer play. Whoever is bidding up the action items now are not behaving as normal AARP members who have to slowly build up points daily saving them for a prized auction item. Thus I believe those who are bidding these crazy high amounts are not regular AARP members, but AARP employees or subcontractors who assit in managing the auction sites.

Sorry AARPterri but we just don't believe a word your saying. If the auctions are managed in a honest and ethical manner then publish an audit report on the auctions on the site accessible to all AARP members. And while your at it let's see the profile names along with the "member or employee" status of each auction bidder and winner.

Regardless I fail to see how any regular AARP member would enjoy anything about this new auction process which only servers to exclude a large number of regular AARP members and I will not be participating in auctions at these ridiculous amounts, 

IMG_5210.PNG

IMG_5211.PNG

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21
I don't know if that remark was toward my comment at all. I play when I can, look at what time the item ends and play around that time. Some things I'm unable to go for but that's the way it goes. Now I can't even play at all everything is going for thousands of points even a five dollar card. This is somewhat like a silent auction and I liked the challenge and sport of playing the auction. I use to log in sometimes several times a day now you only have to log in once if you have a great deal of points.
I'm not sure if this is just a short time thing they are doing so some can use up their points or what.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

What about non-AARP employees? Do you contract out the work on the website? Semantics.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

It still is more fun playing up to the point of winning time.  This really does take the fun out of playing just put in points and walk away that's like playing a silent auction.  

By looking at all of the responses to the change I can't believe AARP would let this go on forever like this.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

@es14589767 and @FiddlerOnTheBeach52, et. al.

Thank you for your input regarding our Reward for Good program.  We have performed some research and can report that there has not been an AARP employee that has won an R4G auction since 2015, at which time they won while performing a quality test.  The experience with auctions was changed to help AARP deliver an industry best practice experience with our auctions.  We have begun to see the top bids coming down and they will continue to do so over the next several weeks as those who have the large point values spend down their points.  Please give it some time to level out.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

And how many of these ultra high bidders are AARP employees and how many are AARP members? Can you provide a rewards for good audit report on these auctions as I am sure all AARP members would find such a report very informative.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

@FiddlerOnTheBeach52

We see evidence on our end that the total number of people with these large point values has come down in the past two weeks since we’ve launched this new auction experience.  We expect this to continue as these folks spend down their large point values. 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our new auction experience. 

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

And on top of that you are also bidding against AARP employees who probably known every trick On the site to get points! Just see  AARPteri response in the other threads... I will still earn points, but will stay well away from the Auctions and hope they are returned to normal.. If they don't go back to normal then I will use this site much less.

Kudos
Views