AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What if we had no Internet?

Message 1 of 38

Probably just go play sports. I love Football!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 38

As a recently retired person, who had a very busy work life, I was concerned about what would happen once 'work' went away. 

I have discovered woodworking as a satisfying way to use my 'free' time. The appeal? Taking a raw material (i.e. wood) and producing something of lasting value, either for my children/family, or someone else. I analyzed this and realized it has the same appeal that my professional photography business had (I was a working 'pro' for about 40 years). Login to Kroger Feedback customer satisfaction survey and get free fuel points or gift cards. Kroger Retail stores are offering this for their valuable customer for a limited period of time. Taking film/paper/materials and making something which not only pleased me, but the client was immensely satisfying... again going from raw materials to finished product. Working in B/W especially was satisfying as that was the most basic of raw materials used to produce final, finished products. Hence, woodworking has become a new passion.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 38

Well if I had a husband, we'd be having a LOT of sex because that is much more exciting and interesting to me. LOL. I'm single. Any SINGLE energetic men available, let me know. LOL.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 38

I am used to do most of my business online. But, If the Internet would disappear I would have to keep taking care of all my business as I used to do before:

Mailing payments, payments over the phone, walking to the bank for transactions, search for jobs over the phone, or walk ins.etc.

In resume, It wouldn't be the same as ease anymore.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 38

I'd be less angry with a bunch of people who don't hold my political views.

I would still be doing ancestry research in the Geneology Room of various libraries...and would be making trips to new cities to do so!

I would not have connected socially with all my old classmates, past students, and distant relatives.

I would not be addicted to cute kitten pictures.

I'd still be using my print recipe books.

I'd be reading the daily newspaper and working the daily crossword puzzle.

I would have no idea what an Ariadne Grande was....would probably think that you drink it.

I'd go to bed at a decent time.

I'd still have that shoulder ache from playing Solitaire with a deck of cards.

I would still think that an icon was someone famous.

I would not be wasting time answering this question!!!!

Hope you are having a productive day. :

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 38

If we didn't have the internet, I would probably do more reading and TV watching.  I would hope I'd be able to spend more time in the local museums and galleries.  When at home, I would probably busy myself with more in-house cleaning and organizing projects.  Lastly, I might spend some time just mediating and relaxing--giving my mind and body a break.  Although I enjoy the internet, I am sure I could live without it!

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 38

I used to go to the park and lay down and read...

I tried that recently but didn't find peace.

#VegasStrong

#VegasStronger

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 38

I wpold be spending a lot more time at the public library. Also on the phone. I would be doing a lot more reading of books and magazines.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 38

No internet. Well, we would be living like in most of rural America. Peaceful, but we would need to work hard at more labor intensive Farming professions.

And it would kill me to use the Thomas Brothers maps again instead of my GPS!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 38

I would be practicing my guitar licks! How do I go about getting fewer emails?

Kudos
Views