Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What happened to the politics forum

Trusted Contributor

What happened to the politics forum

I just signed on after several months only to find all my kudos are gone and my history of what I wrote in the past.

am I having problems with my iPad or has AARP crazy??

Honored Social Butterfly

Any comments about sites which have political forums…just wondering. 

And why are there so many “pinned” topics by the moderators…seems to distract from actual posters makin posts. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@williamb39198 wrote:

Any comments about sites which have political forums…just wondering. 

And why are there so many “pinned” topics by the moderators…seems to distract from actual posters makin posts. 

👋Have you found any @williamb39198 ?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@BigBobbyS 

Pertaining to the political forum…

There were a lot of questions posed, and no answers were given…the opinion of the site, may have been determined by how much any particular poster used the site. It seemed that we really had to be careful about expressing our opinions. 
Otherwise, it certainly seemed like a cancel culture move. 
Reddit now has an AARP_Politics site where many posters moved to. 
If one doesn’t care for a bully pulpit, or drama, if that was the opinion of the forum, one does not have to participate in that forum. 

Bronze Conversationalist

The political forum disappeared as did all your posts and kudos. Being a blogger on that site you must be aware of why this was taken down.  That site offered no dialog  just a group of people on their bully pulpit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BigBobbyS AARP announced a few months before they deleted the Politics Forum April 5, 2021 of their plans to delete it.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP