Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Silver sneakers

Message 1 of 5

I have Silver and Fit in my area, Central Texas, with my Health Plan. I have never used it. I have my own exercise equipment and I go Ice Skating one or two times each week.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

It is only going to offered in certain places. You should have got a letter about that if it was leaving your plan. They should not be taking this away and still taking our money. I research different options and found this video that helped me a ton. it may help you all too https://youtu.be/Ug_BMbO6TKk

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5
What Is SilverSneakers?

https://medicare.com/coverage/silversneakers/

SilverSneakers is an exercise program specifically designed for older adults with the goal of keeping you engaged and interested through fun and social activities. Enjoyable fitness activities may encourage older adults to stay healthier in the long run.

What does a SilverSneakers membership include?
A SilverSneakers fitness program includes access to all kinds of perks. General membership includes access to all participating locations and core services. In addition, the program offers:

Program Advisors who serve as informational guides to fitness facilities and benefits
HealthwaysFIT.com, an online resource for members to monitor fitness progression, track health-related current events, obtain nutritious recipes, watch exercise videos, and more
Seminars and special events related to health and fitness
SilverSneakers Steps for members who don’t live near a fitness facility
Note: Any services not included in a basic membership may require additional fees. Some of these can include personal training, tanning, or massage. If you mistakenly receive these services with a basic membership, you may still be charged. For more information, call the SilverSneakers Customer Service hotline at 1-888-423-4632, Monday through Friday, from 8AM to 8PM ET (TTY users call 711).

Some Medicare Advantage plans offer a SilverSneakers membership as a benefit. If you want help finding one, please let me know. You can find out about me by clicking on the “View profile” link below. Or set up an appointment so we can talk about SilverSneakers — use the links below to schedule a phone call or have me email you information about plans. You can search for Medicare Advantage plans yourself by using the Compare Plans buttons on this page.

==============================

We have Medicare Advantage and have used SilverSneakers for the past three years...free Gym membership.

I believe you have to be on Medicare to get Medicare Advantage insurance.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

@ck94785910 wrote:

Is silver sneakers going to be offered free to members in 2019?

What the heck are silver sneakers?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Silver sneakers

Message 5 of 5

Is silver sneakers going to be offered free to members in 2019?

Kudos
Views
Replies