Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Problems with site

Message 21 of 35

I'm a member of several other boards that use software like:

* phpBB
* vBulletin
* IP Board
* SMF Board

Just to mention a few.  Some of them, are maintained by a community of non-professional programmers, and they've proven to be much "professionals" then Pluck or Lithium.  I know that my posting, ON AVERAGE, has tapered off a lot in the past 12 months.  But the few of sites I frequent, is so much better than this site, and overall the people are much more friendly, and the "staff" is much more respectful of the membership.

The one site I like best, there are differences of opinion, like any where else; but the differences are handled in a very respectful way.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM ADMITTING THAT I STAND MY GROUND HERE, ON AARP.

But then, especially under PCE, you have members, like in just the past few days, or so, accuse others of doing what he is doing, just to try and make people think they are innocent as a new born baby.  But all long term members know differently.  He then calls others liars.  He accuses people like TxGrandpa2 and others of taking over PCE, when in fact he, and people like him has.

I've used the "inappropriate" report procedure to tell of obvious/glaring violations of the TOS, and nothing has been done, including the individual described above.  In private message(s), e-mail(s), etc, I had individual(s) tell me that they've also reported things, and that AARP has turned their back.

Some time ago (several years), I put up a post about changes in our Miranda rights, based on a SCOTUS decision, and the Moderators pulled it down, saying that it was profanity.  No profanity was used whatsoever, I didn't even use words like dang, darn, or shucks!

QUOTE: "When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".
QUOTE: "It's not hard to know you're superior, when you're surrounded by idiots".
------------
Get rid of all the garbage on the screen: http://www.i-really-want-to-know.com/firefox_cleanup_aarp_screen.php
------------
My Shared files:
AARP SPECIFIC: http://di52517-aarp.i-really-want-to-know.com
GENERAL FILES: http://di52517.i-really-want-to-know.com
------------
1.  Per Federal law (17 USC 101, 105, 201), no document of the US Govt may be copyrighted.
2.  Date format of my posts: YYYY_MM_DD (YEAR_MONTH_DAY); Time format for my posts -- 24 hour clock
3.  If "Solution" has been flagged on a post in this thread, I didn't do it, even if I started this thread.  See http://community.aarp.org/t5/Introduce-Yourself/Suggestion-2/m-p/1309660#M48
4.  If links in my post doesn't parse out correctly, it is due to AARP/Lithium's fault.  I will not use the "insert link" function to compensate for the lack of AARP/Lithium's programming ability.  If the link doesn't work, you'll need to copy and past it into the addressbar, and blame AARP/Lithium.  Lithium has proven themselves not much better than PLUCK.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Private Message

Message 22 of 35

Sparkel18,

Thank you providing the additional information.  I'm sharing your feedback and all others too.  We hope to have the issue resolved soon.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 35
(The issue you're having with sending a message is happening because the person you're attempting to send the message to must have this feature turned off.

Sandy)

I think not. I tried to send you a private message and got the same message.
Frances
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 35

@di52517 wrote:

"Intermittent issues"... I think not!  Lithium made changes and just s'd the pooch.  Affecting IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, Profiles, etc aren't just "intermittent issues".  Lithium = Pluck, Jr.  Funny that Lithium is also drug, and some of the side affects are:

* Confused
* Light-headed
* Hallucinations

Business as has been usual for the past five or so years....first the AARP programmers, then we were Plucked, now fed Lithium.  And they thought they could improve on the old Prospero program?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 35

"Intermittent issues"... I think not!  Lithium made changes and just s'd the pooch.  Affecting IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, Profiles, etc aren't just "intermittent issues".  Lithium = Pluck, Jr.  Funny that Lithium is also drug, and some of the side affects are:

* Confused
* Light-headed
* Hallucinations

Sounds like mental state of Pluck also!  This must explain all the problems.

QUOTE: "When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".
QUOTE: "It's not hard to know you're superior, when you're surrounded by idiots".
------------
Get rid of all the garbage on the screen: http://www.i-really-want-to-know.com/firefox_cleanup_aarp_screen.php
------------
My Shared files:
AARP SPECIFIC: http://di52517-aarp.i-really-want-to-know.com
GENERAL FILES: http://di52517.i-really-want-to-know.com
------------
1.  Per Federal law (17 USC 101, 105, 201), no document of the US Govt may be copyrighted.
2.  Date format of my posts: YYYY_MM_DD (YEAR_MONTH_DAY); Time format for my posts -- 24 hour clock
3.  If "Solution" has been flagged on a post in this thread, I didn't do it, even if I started this thread.  See http://community.aarp.org/t5/Introduce-Yourself/Suggestion-2/m-p/1309660#M48
4.  If links in my post doesn't parse out correctly, it is due to AARP/Lithium's fault.  I will not use the "insert link" function to compensate for the lack of AARP/Lithium's programming ability.  If the link doesn't work, you'll need to copy and past it into the addressbar, and blame AARP/Lithium.  Lithium has proven themselves not much better than PLUCK.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 35
Thanks Teri, Appreciate it, it still tells me they can't find my profile page.
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 35

We are aware of some intermittent issues with the community this a.m. and are working to resolve.

Thanks.

Teri

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 35

Well, I got to My Community ok, but when I tried the My Community Profile it did not work, got this message;

The page you are trying to access was not found, Please check your url for typos and try again.......?? My url, thats aarps dropdown....

Finally had to click on my name in one of the discussions, and got to my page that way...Seems to me whatever they were doing this morning threw a wrench into the works..LOL

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 35

Hasn't been working with Google either.  Just got back on...clearing cache/cookies didn't work and running two security programs was no help, either.  ~  Mimi

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

The site isn't working with Firefox or Internet Explorer.

“The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
War With Honour, 1940 ~ A.A. Milne
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 35

I have been trying since early morning, kept getting this page cannot be displayed, finally had to log back in, even though I was already logged in, and that worked!

Haven't tried to send a private message.

Kudos
Views