Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Option To Delete Our Own Post? Gone Again?

Honored Social Butterfly

Option To Delete Our Own Post? Gone Again?

For awhile, the option to delete our own post was possible through the Edit Reply menu.  No more?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MsStretch I am attaching a screenshot of your post to use as an example 🙄 At the very bottom of each post, starting from left, the 3rd number shows how many people have replied directly to your post. In this example, 3 have. You cannot delete this particular post. If that area was blank, then you could. Hope this helps! 😁

20210617_220842.jpg

View solution in original post

Honored Social Butterfly

By golly, @Anonymous, I think you've got it! 👍 My previous post no longer has the option to delete because now it has a reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MsStretch I am attaching a screenshot of your post to use as an example 🙄 At the very bottom of each post, starting from left, the 3rd number shows how many people have replied directly to your post. In this example, 3 have. You cannot delete this particular post. If that area was blank, then you could. Hope this helps! 😁

20210617_220842.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

That makes sense  👍 - I checked one of my post that had no responses and yep, the delete option was showing - it was dated 05/19/2021.   Wonder if it stays that way for as long as there are no responses?  Seems it does.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hmm... double checking and I don't have the option to delete this topic that I started.  Went to other posts I replied to in other threads and didn't have the option of deleting those either.  I'll check this one as soon as I post it.

Stand by.

*Edit*:  I indeed have the option to delete this reply.  Maybe it is a time thing.  If you don't edit and delete right away, the option goes away.  Will have to check back later.

Honored Social Butterfly

I checked some of my REPLIES which I made at different dates - one dated 06/02/2021 - still has the delete option - one dated 05/19/2021 - did NOT have the delete option - so it seems to probably be a time line of about 30 days - maybe AARPMichaelP could give us a firm date.

You can never delete a post which you started; the delete option is not a choice - you have to ask for it to be removed by the Administrators.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

I don't know? Can you delete your first post? Can I delete my reply? I'm going to try. There might be a difference between "first post" and "replies".

well, here goes!

EDIT:   I didn't complete the operation but it seems that I could have deleted my (this) reply. I clicked that "3 dots" control thingie and was presented with options to "delete", "edit", etc. I proceeded far enough along the "delete" function that it confirmed "are you sure you really want to delete your post?" at which point I bailed.

EDIT # 2:   I added another reply and I was successful in deleting it. Still unknown if the "first post" can be so deleted. I'm a bit shy about starting a new thread just for testing.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP