Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How do I send a private message?

Contributor

How do I send a private message?

Lynne - can you help a noob please ? How do I send a Private message to you ? I have a request for you that I think you can help on ) ...thank you

🙂

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Retired Community Manager

Aha! @RobinM684841 I see what's happening... When I attempted to send you a PM, I can see that you have not enabled that feature. Here's how to enable your Private Messenger Settings (screenshot below): go to My Settings | Preferences | Private Messenger | check "Turn on private messages" | check "Receive email notifications for new private messages" | Save

How to Enable Private Messenger SettingsHow to Enable Private Messenger Settings

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

@AARPTeri , I'm having the same problem. I have no option to turn PM on.

Can you please help? Or is there somewhere else I go for technical help?

Thanks,

Sandra

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thanks for your continued patience and help - screenshot attached as I dont have a PM option !

settings.JPG

0 Kudos

Hi, @RobinM684841, we looked a little closer at your profile settings this morning and resolved the glitch for you. Let me know if you don't receive my test private message. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Aha! @RobinM684841 I see what's happening... When I attempted to send you a PM, I can see that you have not enabled that feature. Here's how to enable your Private Messenger Settings (screenshot below): go to My Settings | Preferences | Private Messenger | check "Turn on private messages" | check "Receive email notifications for new private messages" | Save

How to Enable Private Messenger SettingsHow to Enable Private Messenger Settings

0 Kudos
Contributor

thx for the quick reply - I tried that but I am not getting an option to PM you - maybe you can just send me a PM and I can respond ?  Appreciate your help ..

-R

0 Kudos

Hi, @RobinM684841, sure! Here's a handy "how-to" article for you: https://community.aarp.org/t5/Technology/How-do-I-send-a-private-message/ta-p/2185159. Let me know how I can help.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP