Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How Do I Block a Poster In One of The Communities?

Honored Social Butterfly

How Do I Block a Poster In One of The Communities?

I want to block the posts from a user in one of the communities.  I have searched, but can't find a way to do this.  Can someone give me this information?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Social Butterfly

@Soosie

Morning Soosie

I can't share how to block a poster ....but do know you can unfollow a thread you've been posting on... maybe doing that you can avoid whatever you wish to avoid. 

I just read alot of your recent posts along with others responses.

This is my thoughts & suggestions about your possible situation... feel free to take it or leave them :

1st let me say i'm on neither side of the posts... just want try help you after seeing your post here. Hate your upset or such since the community here has really been a blessing to me... hoping it will be for you again also. 

You as everyone else can share all types of things we have that freedom I have posted on several topics but not political nor religious ones due to fact that I feel our community here is like family/ friends and I learned long ago some topics are hot topics in order to avoid upset or such it may be best to avoid those topics ....but at times we feel strongly and must stand up for what believe in... so we do our best to do that and it can bring out the best and worst in folks... So for myself its not easy but learned few years ago "SOMETIMES THE BEST RESPONSE IS NO RESPONSE" and I must let it go if i'm being bothered and losing my peace over the issue. 

Hope you find your peace and acceptance of things and can let go and allow others to just be and not take it so personally as I too am guilty of that its not easy but letting go can be done 

Have a beautiful blessed day ! 

(((Hugs))) 

View solution in original post

Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie  PS: Just to be clear: those "certain types of emails" that I have my personal email acct delete unopened include when I am at-replied by someone I do not care to interact with as well as when those individuals post on a thread to which I am subscribed.  My acct allows me to filter stuff by sender, subject, key words, type of email, size of email, blah di blah and so on. ;)) This array of filtering options works well. I do suggest that while you fine tune your email filtering, you set things to go to a separate folder (not your inbox) rather than directly to the trash, for once deleted, at least in my acct, they are not readable. Sending them to a separate folder allows you to check to see how your filtering is working. Hopefully your email account allows such detailed filtering options.

Best regards,

e

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Epster Yippie Thanks a bunch for the info about ignore button I checked that out Really a great tool & source for us all plus all your other filtering suggestions whooohooo : ) You rock 

@Soosie I'm so delighted that you sound better and have "put the ticks in the alcohol" so they can no longer suck away your peace and greatness 🙂 Thanks for reaching out and asking for help it has blessed us all by info we've learned and knowing our community is here and we're never alone anymore

@KidBoy2 Epster posted that ignore button to check exists so that may help you with your situation... may you remove the ticks biting away at your peace

Blessings to all have a beautiful day !

It's a cold yucky one here in NC ....but soon we'll be blessed with Spring 

Ginger :  )

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks so much for pointing out the ignore button to me.  I have used it for two posters and feel like I have taken tweezers and pulled off two ticks from my body.   

Silver Conversationalist

WOW Soosie!!  This is great!!!

"Thanks so much for pointing out the ignore button to me.  I have used it for two posters and feel like I have taken tweezers and pulled off two ticks from my body.   "

What an original, super-appropriate description.  I'm walking around just LOL!!  

Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie wrote:

Thanks so much for pointing out the ignore button to me.  I have used it for two posters and feel like I have taken tweezers and pulled off two ticks from my body.   

Hurrah! Lifting my mug of warm turmeric milk in your genreal direction! To a tick free world! 🙂

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie  I hear that!

@easyed598 (and Soosie) There is an ignore feature on this forum. To engage it, click on a would-be ignored's icon. Once on their page, you'll see an ignore button on the right hand side at about the mid-level. 

I take this quite a bit further. Back when I was being harassed by a couple of posters, I created spam filters in my personal email account that deleted certain types of messages including their screen names without me ever seeing those messages. Bliss, I tell ya; bliss. 🙂

To break my habit of looking in on the political forum (kinda like looking at a car wreck as you drive by, no?) I did the same for (an undisclosed number) of daily posters to that forum. Again, total bliss.

I also have my AARP account set so that I am not automatically subscribed to any thread to which I reply. This means I have to purposely seek out new posts to a thread (or that someone I've not effectively blocked has to at-reply me). Which is nice, as I'm currently overbooked in my private life, so deleting a bunch of emails --read or unread-- just isn't making my to-do list. 🙂 

I sincerely hope this helps you find the balance you seek relative to the toxicity of our current, uh, civil discourse.

God bless.

Regular Social Butterfly

@Epster Thank you so much for your helpful information.

@Epster wrote:

@Soosie  I hear that!

@easyed598 (and Soosie) There is an ignore feature on this forum. To engage it, click on a would-be ignored's icon. Once on their page, you'll see an ignore button on the right hand side at about the mid-level. 

I take this quite a bit further. Back when I was being harassed by a couple of posters, I created spam filters in my personal email account that deleted certain types of messages including their screen names without me ever seeing those messages. Bliss, I tell ya; bliss. 🙂

To break my habit of looking in on the political forum (kinda like looking at a car wreck as you drive by, no?) I did the same for (an undisclosed number) of daily posters to that forum. Again, total bliss.

I also have my AARP account set so that I am not automatically subscribed to any thread to which I reply. This means I have to purposely seek out new posts to a thread (or that someone I've not effectively blocked has to at-reply me). Which is nice, as I'm currently overbooked in my private life, so deleting a bunch of emails --read or unread-- just isn't making my to-do list. 🙂 

I sincerely hope this helps you find the balance you seek relative to the toxicity of our current, uh, civil discourse.

God bless.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie  PS: Just to be clear: those "certain types of emails" that I have my personal email acct delete unopened include when I am at-replied by someone I do not care to interact with as well as when those individuals post on a thread to which I am subscribed.  My acct allows me to filter stuff by sender, subject, key words, type of email, size of email, blah di blah and so on. ;)) This array of filtering options works well. I do suggest that while you fine tune your email filtering, you set things to go to a separate folder (not your inbox) rather than directly to the trash, for once deleted, at least in my acct, they are not readable. Sending them to a separate folder allows you to check to see how your filtering is working. Hopefully your email account allows such detailed filtering options.

Best regards,

e

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

I have one poster I just do not reply to he is just so ignorant to everyone. He is, I have been there done that and he knows it all.  He seems to think he is better than everyone on here.

I just read and go on. It's hard to take be critized, but it goes with many of the topics, many of which I read and go on. 

Just don't engage and make yourself become a whipping post so to speak. But if your negative you will get negative responses if people disgree.  Many times the WAY you disagree, and the WORDS you use to disagree will be the cause of the responses you get in return.  

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Honored Social Butterfly

Soosie posted..

I want to block the posts from a user in one of the communities. I have searched, but can't find a way to do this. Can someone give me this information?

==========================================================

As far as a know there is no way to block posts.

Years ago there was. There was a ignore feature you could check ... why they did away with it I am not sure but I wish they would bring it back.

There are three posters that when they post to me I just do not answer.
Kid
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Soosie

Morning Soosie

I can't share how to block a poster ....but do know you can unfollow a thread you've been posting on... maybe doing that you can avoid whatever you wish to avoid. 

I just read alot of your recent posts along with others responses.

This is my thoughts & suggestions about your possible situation... feel free to take it or leave them :

1st let me say i'm on neither side of the posts... just want try help you after seeing your post here. Hate your upset or such since the community here has really been a blessing to me... hoping it will be for you again also. 

You as everyone else can share all types of things we have that freedom I have posted on several topics but not political nor religious ones due to fact that I feel our community here is like family/ friends and I learned long ago some topics are hot topics in order to avoid upset or such it may be best to avoid those topics ....but at times we feel strongly and must stand up for what believe in... so we do our best to do that and it can bring out the best and worst in folks... So for myself its not easy but learned few years ago "SOMETIMES THE BEST RESPONSE IS NO RESPONSE" and I must let it go if i'm being bothered and losing my peace over the issue. 

Hope you find your peace and acceptance of things and can let go and allow others to just be and not take it so personally as I too am guilty of that its not easy but letting go can be done 

Have a beautiful blessed day ! 

(((Hugs))) 

Honored Social Butterfly

gm5271 wrote-. So for myself its not easy but learned few years ago "SOMETIMES THE BEST RESPONSE IS NO RESPONSE" and I must let it go if i'm being bothered and losing my peace over the issue. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I agree with GM -You should also consider the source and just ignore or delete  the response email. Three fourths  of AARP emails, I  do just that with the more irrational  posters.

Regular Social Butterfly

Soosie, this is understandable by some.  It is a rough world and sometimes trying to stay engaged but seem to just get drug down with it all. I get what you are asking. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Why do you want to do that Soosie?-Don`t you want to keep on top of what the deranged are up to?  Some of their posts are laughable and shouldn`t be taken seriously.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP