Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Free gift

Message 21 of 39

Thanks for the link Smiley Happy ... I will reach out now

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 39

I received renewal info by mail, with big photos of a 4 piece travel kit renewal gift ... I paid for a 6 year renewal in early November .... No Gift .... very disappointing

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 39

My wife and I recently signed up for two years and were told we would receive a free gift. A few weeks later we did get a bluetooth speaker in the mail, however it doesnt work, but it was a nice gesture.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 39

I recently joined, after receiving numerous offers by mail.  I saw that there was a gift for enrolling, I requested the messenger bag, but today I received 3 “small” bags.  They look nothing like the picture..  this really seems deceptive to me and makes me a little leery.  If they’re doing tricks like this, what kind of service can I expect from them?????

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 39

Yep. My ugly free bag arrived. I was expecting a bluetooth speaker. Bait and switch? I was expecting more from AARP. Is there no one we can trust now a days?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 39

I renewed my membership with AARP because of all the advantages the membership gives me. I didn’t realize there was a “gift”. I received a text the package was on it’s way with a tracking number attached. I just received my package and it’s really appreciated. I’ve never had a problem with AARP and really don’t subscribe for any gifts except for the benefit of discounts membership offers. Thank you for this unexpected bonus. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 39
Yes I retrieved it.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 39

How do I recognize which is the  original question post? Several people are complaining about their free gift experience in middle of the thread, and there seem to be answers at both top and bottom of the thread.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 39

I also renewed AARP yo job for the next few years and recieved bags that I have no ideal what they are used for.  Come on I seen so many more better being given by AARP.  It really looks like something the kids can use at school. What are they supposed to be used for. Or can you send something else.  This was kind of a put down gift. Not very inviting. Not something I would like to show off yo friends who may want to rejoin.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 39

We just renewed our membership for another 5 years and got a congratulatory e-mail saying that we should be on the lookout for a free gift that would be arriving shortly. It arrived the other day and appeared to be a set of small nylon bags of some sort that their practical use isn’t at all obvious. There was no explanation of the gift or what they are or how they could be used. That should be corrected. Can you provide some helpful info before these unusual ‘gifts’ end up in the recycle trash?

Kudos
Views