Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Free gift

Message 1 of 39

I received trunk organizer baga few weeks ago and I told my daughter that it reminded me of the Franlin Park Zoo which I used to visit when I was growing up.  I was hoping that after I took it out of the box the odor would shortly go away, but finally I put it on the back deck to air out.  After about 2 weeks the odor is finally starting to dissipate, but I don't know if I want to take a chance bringing it back into the house. What a way to welcome someone into AARP.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 39

@GaryC35205 @SheilaM308610 @SandraH160021 

With the product being made from fresh materials and in a sealed mailer for many months, it is possible for the paper board to release some of the new product scent. We are aware of the concern and will now add a silica pack to the package to help eliminate/minimize any scent.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 39

Same here

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 39

I’m glad that I’m not the only one. This bag smelled awful! I had to remove it from my house to my car. I couldn’t take the smell in my car so I brought it back in washed it with bleach and soap, let it soak, then rinsed it out and dried it out. No luck. Threw it away. Smelled like fresh manure!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 39

@SandraH160021 

We strive to provide quality products and understand your disappointment. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 39

FYI   I received my Insulated Trunk Organizer on today and it looked and felt pretty cheap.  That was okay I really don't expect much from these type of promotions anyway but the smell was so bad from the thing I had them put it outside. I didn't know what it was at 1st but my daughter came by and also smelled it and found it. She said it smelled as if someone had pooped inside.  (Doesn't look that way but...) All I know is that it STANK.  I hope yours is better!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 39

I also renewed (for 5 years!), and eexpected the messenger bag. I emailed them, and was told to called membership #. I did, and they had no record of me signing up for the gift, or that any was sent out. I thought, 'what, do they think we're old, and our memories are failing' (that would be kind of sad, right?). After I explained the notees on this forum, of 'bait and switch' events, I insisted that I get the messenger bag (which looks good in the ad, but, who knows), instead of the cheap travel cubes (I have nice ones from Eagle Creek, and I suggest you all use them, as they make dividing up different types of the travel clothes (sox & underwear in the small one, etc) easy and useful.

The young man said the messenger bag was now in the system, and I should get it in 3-4 weeks.

Don't let the system take advantage of you.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 39

I've been trying to figure what to call those 'crappy little nylong bags.' Thanks, I've wracked my brains trying to figure out what the bags were for. Fortunately, my membership in AARP is not because of their gifts. I guess I feel bad that they wasted the postage to send them to me.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 39

I call AARP when I'm having problems, whether it's not receiving the gift offered for signing up/renewing membership, issues with the Rewards for Good program (they have a different phone number than AARP membership), or anything related to membership.  They have always been friendly on the phone with me, and very helpful as well.  Don't be shy about calling them, they provide a phone number to help you if you need it.  Look on your AARP membership card, the phone number should be on that card.  They can't read our minds, we have to let them know what's going on.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 39

I am hoping to be able to help out with your bluetooth speaker problems.  You are trying to link it to your phone and play music from that phone?  Make sure the volume on your phone is turned up if you don't hear anything from the speaker.  Also make sure you don't have the ringer turned off on your phone.  If you are still having problems with it, go into your phones settings and look to see that it has definitely linked with that particular bluetooth speaker (this is especially important if you have more than one bluetooth speaker, and even more important if more than one bluetooth speaker is turned on at the same time).  I hope I was able to help out with your bluetooth speaker.  I've got my fingers crossed.

Kudos
Views