Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 21 of 34

Yes!  The lack of transparency by Consumer Cellular almost feels like the MCI meltdown!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 34
I am experiencing the same problem. Cannot make outgoing calls and can no longer log onto the website. Text still works. You would think they would post something about having difficulty. 
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 34

Same problem here with Consumer Cellular at 0630AM Arizona time, 06-DEC-2018. I've tried rebooting, turning the phone off for five minutes and restarting. Same message when I try to make a call. It's my understanding that my phone, too, uses the T-Mobile SIM. I sent CC an email, no reply yet. Stangely, the texting function on the phone is working. Just can't make a phone call because, as the recording states, "Your account balance is too low to complete this call...." I've been on Autopay with CC for several years and have never experienced this message. My account shows plenty of minutes for phone calls and, besides, it auto-upgrades if one nears the upper limit. I may try to turn on the WiFi calling and try to reach CC that way, or try online Chat once they get someone into their office on the west coast this morning. I believe it's past time to quit this outfit; this is not the first, second or third problem encountered with them this year.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 34

And this morning, I get a recording "Your account balance is too low to complete this call...".  I call Consumer Cellular and after waiting in the call queue for 37 minutes, they tell me that is happening to all of their phones on the T-Mobile network!  Is it because they failed to pay the other carrier?  I just hope my 85 year old parents don't need to use the phone I gave them today, they might think that I'm broke and not paying my bills 😛

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 34

Right on daviscave.  I chose to go with Great Call and their 5 star program.  I get emergeny service 24/7 and 200 minutes for less than I was getting from Consumer Cellular for the same minutes.  The last two phones I got had problems and I got nothing from Consumer Cellular customer service.  I could never get anyone to answer the phone.  After trying for two months to get my phone replaced or repaired while it was still under warranty I was told that I was out of luck.  This was backed up by AARP and they told me that I would get my last bill returned but  no phone replacement.  I have cancelled all the services that I got through AARP's recommondation. Consumer Cellular, Hartford Insurance, and United Healthcare.  Hartford raised their auto insurance by 46% this year and my driving status has been the same for fifty years.  United Healthcare the same and I found that I saved over $2000 a year with HealthNet and of course Consumer sucks.  I am waiting now to hear from the FCC because knowing that AARP wouldn't be any help.  Thank for letting me vent.

CrankyOne
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 34
I think the Straight Talk plans are for 1 phone, so for 2 phones, you have to double the monthly rate. I am currently with Verizon and they have a plan called the Verizon small plan, unlimited talk, and text with 2 GB of data for $ 80.00 a month for 2 phones. I am considering Consumer Celluar, $52.25 a month for 2 phones with unlimited talk and text and 3 GB of data. Their coverage in my area is about the same as Verizon.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 34
Well said, rker321. Your opinion is relevant and you have the right to express it.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 34

@southcoastCR wrote:

WHY are you even replying...which then clutters my email inbox with notices?  In the original posting, reference was clearly made to data usage and that CLEARLY entails smartphone usage.  The original comment obviously does not apply to everyone, and does not apply to those using phone only.  Please reply to postings...as relevant.

I am extremely sorry to have offended you. but I felt that my opinion was relevant. and I do believe that I have the right to express my opinion. You can also use the ignore button or simply schrol to messages that you don't wish to read.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 34

WHY are you even replying...which then clutters my email inbox with notices?  In the original posting, reference was clearly made to data usage and that CLEARLY entails smartphone usage.  The original comment obviously does not apply to everyone, and does not apply to those using phone only.  Please reply to postings...as relevant.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 34

I don't doubt that consumer cellular is not for everyone. I have found out that no cell company is good for everyone either.

So, I guess that it depends on your own expectations.

For us, is great. we don't use Smartphones, at all. we only use our cell phones to call each other when we need to or have our out of state family contact us. and they usually do it on our land line.
I am very computer savvy, and I have in my home several computers in a network so is not a matter of lack of technology.
Have also tablets for when I need to use them. 
Don't want to be constantly connected thru my phone and that is my choice.

so, I guess that people need to think about what are their needs and then choose the company that can supply those needs.

no name
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors