Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 6

Nerd card activation

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: CARD ACTIVATION

Message 2 of 6

I received the same sticker to activate my AARP card. Why not called AARP to activate card like credit cards company? Anyway, I happy I join the members of AARP.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

The sticker is confusing but the 3 step instructions at the bottom of the attached page definitely state to "go to aarp.org/activation and register your new cards".  So why these instructions if they supposedly eliminated the confusion??????

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@lauris391635  What was the exact message on the sticker? Here is what was on my card when I received it.

AARPMembershipCardInfo.JPG

Providing an image would help.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

@lauris391635 wrote:

It appears AARP already knows that the black sticker at the top of our AARP cards is confusing and that you do not need to activate your card to use it.

So what is the purpose of the sticker? I searched the web site to activate my card and couldnt find where or how. All I found was that AARP apologizes over and over for the confusion. Can somone explain why they continue to put the sticker on our cards.

@lauris391635  All I can do is guess. Smiley Happy  I assume they got a great deal on a gazillion card blanks and have, since they took delivery, changed processes.  Wild guess. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

CARD ACTIVATION

Message 6 of 6

It appears AARP already knows that the black sticker at the top of our AARP cards is confusing and that you do not need to activate your card to use it.

So what is the purpose of the sticker? I searched the web site to activate my card and couldnt find where or how. All I found was that AARP apologizes over and over for the confusion. Can somone explain why they continue to put the sticker on our cards.

Kudos
Views
Replies