Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Auction problems.

Message 1 of 7

Wow! You actually won? I can't even get in to bid because once I hit the login screen and login I can't get back to where the auctions are. I type in 'Auction' in the search field and end up getting articles on auctions not the auctions themselves. I've emailed them several times! What a waste of time! Their websit is so screwed up!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

I have won 3 Resturant.com gift cards this month alone. Towards the very end of a auction it is hard to get a bid in because so many people are bidding at once. The trick I found that works is I wait until there is just under 2 seconds left in the auction then I tap 2 fingers as fast as I can on the laptop mouse pad. Doing that I  won 3 out of 7 auctions I bid on and now I have to wait until next month to ba able to bid again because there is a limit of 3 a month that you can win.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

keeps making me sign in and then the auctions can't be found. Bogus!!

Message 3 of 7

This stuff is really bogus!  did you know you can go to restaurant.com and get those cheap? you can go to www.retailmenot.com and get a further discount.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7
Atleast it let you bid i had no luck the computer told me it could not fibf the link i agree eith you its a waste of time
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

I just entered a couple of bids in the $50 restaurant card, and near the end of the extended time allocated, with at least 5 seconds showing, I hit the bid again and it didn't acknowledge my bid which was the highest bid. Now it didn't show me as a winner. This bid crap seems like a waste of time. first of all you have to wait until regular bid is almost over, timing and stuff, bid on item, and then it onlly showed one time I was outbid and I bid again . I would appreciate my $50 restaurant card, and acknowledgement that I won please

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

I'm very disappointed in this whole thing.

These rewards mean nothing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Auction problems.

Message 7 of 7

Has anyone else have a problem with the auction winner declaration?  This early evening I participated in the $25 Restaurant.com Gift Card.  When the clock ticker expired and no more bids appeared to be entered, my bid box for auction showed my bid ($8,120 points) as the current leading bid.  Also, my bid history dialog box showed me as the leading bidder.  By the rules, the winner is to be immediately contacted as the winner.  When this win occurs, is there a flag or some noticeable flash or message stating in essence, "we have a winner"?  There defintely needs to be some type of instant message declaring a winner, maybe not by name, but the task of winning is complete.  Of course the AARP office was closed so I sent an email asking this same question.  I have to wait three (3) business days for a reply.  Unfortunately, Monday is a Holiday in the US.  Has anyone else experienced any problems?  This is the second time this week that the dialog box appeared I won and never to be notified.  On my acco with points.  I did alsount page for auctions, there is a section showing "items I have bidded on and not won in the past 30 days".  This auction item was listed there but I had the same time and points as shown on the site.  I hope we are NOT being mistreated here.  I did redeem points twice on items under my "local offers" tab.  Yes, the points were immediately deducted or appeared to be.  I am very frustrated and disappointed.  Hope this issue is addressed promptly or maybe I need to review my participation in the future.  Have a Blessed day.     Is anyone from AARP responding?

alarm-clock-213x225  05212015.gifDoes "0:00:00" really mean over?computer frustration.jpgHow frustrating!

Kudos
Views
Replies