Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Disappointed in the new rewards program

Message 1 of 52
Okay, thanks. I used to get all the notifications but that notification...no.

I had to get the emails sent to me again to download the 'gift cards' and print them out. Frustrating amount of time spent to follow up and get the rewards. I ordered actual gift cards so me spending my time and effort, paper and ink to print out wasn't worth the $2.00 saved per card. I understand about recycling and don't object to the paper cards - however, AARP shouldn't offer actual gift cards - they should state the cards will need to be printed out and a link will be sent. So confusing.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 52
Agreed. Used to be $5 discount on cards. I ended up getting paper printouts. I ordered actual cards. I understand about recycling so don't mind in the future but AARP Rewards needs to state that they will be printed out using our ink and paper. Sort of makes the $2 discount even less.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 52
Okay, thanks. I used to get all the notifications but this one...no.

Rewards Update:

I had to get the emails sent to me again to download the 'gift cards' and print them out. Frustrating amount of time spent to follow up and get the rewards. I ordered actual gift cards so me spending my time and effort, paper and ink to print out wasn't worth the $2.00 saved per card. Won't use again.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 52

I agree.  I miss the chances for the simple rewards of something I could use like a $5 gift card.  I am not interested in bluetooth pill organizers (who comes up with these ideas?), stock car racing,or another water bottle.  I have tried to use the initially free option to "win" a few of the daily or weekly prizes but the odds seem to be quite low.  I also feel like the few options to use points are focused on what they think old people need or want but frankly I don't feel like I fit into the preceived mold.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 52

I've pretty much given up on the new rewards program. I've signed up for the allstate rewards programs which seem to have all the benefits of the old rewards program that aarp had.

I'm not sure what the reasons were for the change or who made the decision, but i hope the organization realizes soon that alienating customers/members by removing the things they like is not a smart decision. This had not been a very good couple of weeks for aarp in the news and frankly that's another reason i most likely will not be back.

For those of you still waiting for this new rewards program, I sincerely hope they get it up and running for you.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 52

I am also disappointed in the new rewards program.  There are many reasons that I am disappointed.  One reason is the "Filter By" to earn points.  The Themes are okay.  My problem is with the "Sort By" either Recommended or Point Value.  I keep having to page down to find videos or quizzes that I have not completed.  It gets old to page down and page down.  It would be great to have only the videos or quizzes that I have not completed come up first.  Or I would like to have additional filters. 

Also, after I finish a video or quiz, I have to click on Redeem, go back to that page and click on Earn, and then go through all the filters again.  Gets very old.  It would be nice to go back to what I had filtered before completing a quiz Instead of going through the whole process again.  It is really just a waste of time.

I also find the Rewards lacking.  I liked the old Auctions.  At least I had some chance of winning something.  Although I really objected to the tier policy on the old Rewards for Good.  I shouldn't have had to "pay" more for an auction only because I had "saved' points for quite a while. 

On the new program, showing all gift cards that you can buy, is not a Reward to me.  I am probably never going to win a Sweepstakes.  I haven't yet.  The items to spend your points on, such as a water bottle, do not interest me.  Therefore, only the Daily Instant Win, or perhaps the Weekly Instant Win, is of interest to me.  And some of the items on the Instant Win, are not for me especially if there is not a store in my area in which to use the gift card.  Other than the Instant Wins, I am wasting my time.  I may be learning a few things on the quizzes and videos, but that is probably it.  I hope some changes will be made to the new program.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 52

ALMOST 2 MONTHS STILL WILL NOT DO DAILY OR WEEKLY OR PICK ANYTHING IN REWARDS ; CAN DO GAMES ; AND QUIZZES ;AND PICK AND USE THE SWEEPSTAKES .....................

HELLO ; DOES ANYONE DOING THIS NEW SYSTEM ON THE I.T. END KNOW HOW TO FIX ANYTHING ?????????

AOL GOLD IS UP TO DATE ; GOOGLE IS UP TO DATE AND THE BROWSER ; AARP DOES RECONIZE ANY OF THIS GOING ON 2 MONTHS ; HELLO ; WHY DID THIS WORK IN THE OLD REWARDS AND NOT NOW .

AND IF I'M DOING SOMETHING TO NOT MAKE YOUR "NEW FANTASTIC SYSTEM" WORK TELL ME WHAT IT IS  ! I KNOW YOU CAN'T ; I CHANGED NOTHING !

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 52

@BettyB374802 

Betty, I need to call.  Won a magazine subscription I haven't received also.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 52

On the old program, My daughter and I had to each ordered with points the weight watchers magazine. Just checked on that because didn’t receive. Customer service said it’s no longer available. It’s all those points are gone through no fault of our own.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 52

Hello @BettyB374802 

Yes you're right, I posted about Points Only deals at the beginning of this hyped up New AARP Rewards program that wasn't ready to be released.  Hopefully they will get it right soon.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views