Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: New rewards program

Message 1 of 17

Hello Ginger,

I know that it's each individual's choice concerning what they eat; this is just my opinion and the opinion of thousands of seniors, some for medical reasons.  Not trying to tell anyone what to eat.  Their quizzes on Health aren't promoting this type of behavior, then why not offer healthy choices to seniors instead of donuts at no discount.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, and just voicing my opinion as everyone else here.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

Just me sharing

R4G offered Krispy Kreme Gift cards just at ending of program I personally was very excited its hard to pass a "Hot Now" sign without getting some which is a personal choice I don't see it as AARP making/encouraging anyone to eat unhealthy let alone "kill themselves" Anything in moderation can be ok 

Kinda basing way you are it could be argued they influencing us to spend money If they were offering cards for 2L Cokes I'd  be delighted though many would say that's bad but truly its a choice each person makes

Eating & enjoying a few Krispy Kreme donuts haven't killed me yet 

Even my being a heavy smoker I'd not think good thing if offered stuff for cigarettes or vaping 

They(site mgmt not AARP) just try to offer what they believe is popular 

Why they changed crazily to $10 for $10 I have no clue cause was $9 since beginning which as many have stated & I agree is foolish going thru purchase for a $1 Getting Free for 500 or 1000 points or 500 points plus $5 payment for $10 cards on R4G site so much better & worth time invested

Just my 2 cents 

Ginger  :  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

Hello @Windchase 

That Krispy Kreme deal at face value shouldn't even be offered, if we are paying attention to AARP's advice on Health.  Like saying we'll help u kill yourselfSmiley Surprised

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

Hmm, maybe you're on a different site from the rest of us? The free items I see don't seem very worth while & I fine it hard to get excited about the opportunity to purchase a $10 Krispy Kreme gift card for $10.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

@mooreo28 wrote:

Hello Community,

1st: Let's remember it is a new program, nothing works and looks perfect right out the gates.....also IT'S FREE ITEMS (with points), what other companies besides AARP (and Walgreens) offer such a great program. I could and would complain myself if I were paying with monies for the items, BUT I'M NOT, I'm sure more items will be added as time goes on.

2nd: You will see your best rewards by paying the $12-$16 yearly membership, the benifits and rewards is well worth the cost.

It should have been a much smoother launch (fewer bugs) since they've been working on it for several months and even delayed the launch from July to Sept. You ask what other company offers such a great program? First, I'd argue that the new AARP Rewards is even a "great program." But to answer your question, Allstate Rewards offers a great program because it uses the old system that ran Rewards For Good, ran by a company called Deluxe Rewards, Ltd. The one that AARP ditched for HelloWorld, Inc. who runs this far inferior user interface.

It's not free if you consider some of the gift cards now require a paid membership. Gift cards that didn't have that requirement before. It may "only" be $12-$16 a year, but there are plenty of people who enjoyed taking advantage of the old program who don't want to become members. Not to mention the fact that if they're going to force people to become members, which benefits them heavily, we shouldn't be presented with a worse program. Things taken away, "discounted" gift cards that are barely discounted or not at all, drastic monthly limits placed on gift cards, etc.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17

Hello Community,

1st: Let's remember it is a new program, nothing works and looks perfect right out the gates.....also IT'S FREE ITEMS (with points), what other companies besides AARP (and Walgreens) offer such a great program. I could and would complain myself if I were paying with monies for the items, BUT I'M NOT, I'm sure more items will be added as time goes on.

2nd: You will see your best rewards by paying the $12-$16 yearly membership, the benifits and rewards is well worth the cost.

Let's give the new AARP REWARDS program enough time to work out the kinks (as we would a new pair of shoes Smiley Happy)

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

@marlo25 @mi4090 

Marlo & Marylin 

Indeed Ditto! It's a mess & truly a huge disappointment 

Although I enjoy reading things on AARP Main Site & will continue with AARP I'm not finding anything or any reason to continue wasting time on New Rewards such a loss..... yes tons folks complained about Daily Deals & R4G site definitely had its issues but we've not been given anything better to even come close in my book to all that was lost by this change...I keep trying find something good but its truly not to be found 

Sadly greatly disappointed & miss R4G & Daily Deals 

Grateful had it while we did 

Ginger  : l 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

Hello @marlo25 

Join the crowd, nobody likes it.  Tons of problems, no points only gift cards, daily instant win to take your pointsSmiley Sad

It's a nightmare!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17

I do not like the new rewards program. It is difficult to navigate.  I do not like the look or layout.  Reward options should be simply categorized as they were before.  Limited choices.   Ex:  should be able to do a simple search for gift card options divided into shopping, dining, entertainment, etc.   Do not like anything about it.   Change is not always good.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

It seems that the browser problem with new and not improved reward pages might just be a result of the new pages being buggy. When I first tried yesterday with chrome it didnt work so i used another browser (microsoft) to get started. After that I tried Chrome again and it worked mostly fine. With both browsers I got some page error messages but after reclicking a couple times they worked. With that said. The new rewards program as a whole is a big step down from the old.

Kudos
Views