Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you won any AARP Awards?

Message 1 of 17

@chas0501 wrote:

Hello all!  In the first days of the new program I thought I had won Barnes & Noble, Shell, Whole Foods and Amazon gift cards.  Even got confirmation notices.  There was a new card each day so I thought they were like the old Daily Deals.  The Amazon was an e-card, and I did receive that immediately.  I was thinking, "What a cool new program!  I'd better bulk up my points so I can afford these great cards!"  Even made an effort to login each day at 12 midnight to get a jump on everybody (sorry---lol!)  But then I looked back and realized that what I had won were sweepstakes entries...and apparently didn't win a sweepstakes.  But still the cards were good ones, so I'm waiting to see what happens next.

Charlie

P.S. to SuzyQ:  we're all pulling for you...sending lots of good mojo your way!

Lol Charlie, love your response. Yes I found out by "accident" that the day starts at 12:01am in your time zone of choice. I had MAXED out the 1st day I started the rewards routine and could not figure out why my points had stopped being added. It took awhile for the AARP website to finally post a message explaining why. Yes, said at 12:01am I could start again and to have a good night/lol. Cute but was so over it. I had WASTED my time. But now I know and will not be repeatingt the same mistake again. Hugs, Angela

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

@andrewtoo wrote:

@AngelaS579497 

I max out my points nearly every day.  I have a fitbit that I am pleased finally sync's with AARP Rewards after a few days of struggle.

I have not won any prizes and the "points only" merchandise offerings lack sufficient descriptions to know really know what is being offered.  I have posted questions about one of the reward items but have gotten no response.

I open the Redeem section everyday in hopes that something interesting will be offered for points.

I enter a couple of low value (historically from AARP, anyway) sweepstakes and move on to earn points.

So far, it is pretty dull, although, I have changed my workout slightly from watching videos for points.

I hope the Rewards get better. 

SuzyQ take care.

SuzyQ, thanks for your input! Hugs, Angela

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

@mi4090 wrote:

Hello @mikewe4754 

Mike, I won (1) Daily Instant Win, limit (1) per month and the next day they were having issues and stoppedSmiley Indifferent  My name never showed on the Winners List until I posted about it and the Winners List magically changed.

I didn't believe that our renewal date could get us a Instant Win because if you think about it with the hundreds of thousands of members there would be someone's membership expiring every day.  So right now nobody's renewing because there's nothing anybody wants (just a few, but mostly Carnival gift cards) and with the limits on everything, a lot of folks are Goodbye.

I could be wrong, maybe in the future the week before your renewal they will let you win something of value to get you on the hook for another year and abuse you.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Marilyn, thanks for your input! Hugs, Angela

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

@mikewe4754 wrote:

Have only won a reward once in 6 years since it seems that as soon as it was available they were already in someone’s cart. And now that their scam has been exposed at the beginning of October the daily and weekly instant wins are under “review” (wink) and in agreement with another member there just aren’t any real bargains available until of course they want you to renew.

Scam???? I am new to all of this and totally not impressed so far/lol. Thanks for responding!!! Hugs, Angela

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

@k380494p wrote:

Hi.  I scored a $10 Shell gift card for points on 9/25 and received it in the mail the other day.  Since then, nothing.  (I have a yoga mat, and several water bottles, don't golf, don't want another job, been on fb for about a decade, know how to use my ipad, don't use any prescription meds, don't eat out much, don't shop at Express, Banana Republic, Gap, etc.  Get a better discount using my Lowe's credit card. .....You get the idea)

Yes, I get it as I see NOTHING on the list except for that book on job searching for seniors. Lol, now to hope it arrives SOON so I can leave my job from hell. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing!!! Hugs, Angela

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17

@AngelaS579497 

I max out my points nearly every day.  I have a fitbit that I am pleased finally sync's with AARP Rewards after a few days of struggle.

I have not won any prizes and the "points only" merchandise offerings lack sufficient descriptions to know really know what is being offered.  I have posted questions about one of the reward items but have gotten no response.

I open the Redeem section everyday in hopes that something interesting will be offered for points.

I enter a couple of low value (historically from AARP, anyway) sweepstakes and move on to earn points.

So far, it is pretty dull, although, I have changed my workout slightly from watching videos for points.

I hope the Rewards get better. 

SuzyQ take care.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

Hello all!  In the first days of the new program I thought I had won Barnes & Noble, Shell, Whole Foods and Amazon gift cards.  Even got confirmation notices.  There was a new card each day so I thought they were like the old Daily Deals.  The Amazon was an e-card, and I did receive that immediately.  I was thinking, "What a cool new program!  I'd better bulk up my points so I can afford these great cards!"  Even made an effort to login each day at 12 midnight to get a jump on everybody (sorry---lol!)  But then I looked back and realized that what I had won were sweepstakes entries...and apparently didn't win a sweepstakes.  But still the cards were good ones, so I'm waiting to see what happens next.

Charlie

P.S. to SuzyQ:  we're all pulling for you...sending lots of good mojo your way!

choochoochas
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

Hello @mikewe4754 

Mike, I won (1) Daily Instant Win, limit (1) per month and the next day they were having issues and stoppedSmiley Indifferent  My name never showed on the Winners List until I posted about it and the Winners List magically changed.

I didn't believe that our renewal date could get us a Instant Win because if you think about it with the hundreds of thousands of members there would be someone's membership expiring every day.  So right now nobody's renewing because there's nothing anybody wants (just a few, but mostly Carnival gift cards) and with the limits on everything, a lot of folks are saying Goodbye.

I could be wrong, maybe in the future the week before your renewal they will let you win something of value to get you on the hook for another year and abuse you.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17

Have only won a reward once in 6 years since it seems that as soon as it was available they were already in someone’s cart. And now that their scam has been exposed at the beginning of October the daily and weekly instant wins are under “review” (wink) and in agreement with another member there just aren’t any real bargains available until of course they want you to renew.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

Hi.  I scored a $10 Shell gift card for points on 9/25 and received it in the mail the other day.  Since then, nothing.  (I have a yoga mat, and several water bottles, don't golf, don't want another job, been on fb for about a decade, know how to use my ipad, don't use any prescription meds, don't eat out much, don't shop at Express, Banana Republic, Gap, etc.  Get a better discount using my Lowe's credit card. .....You get the idea)

Kudos
Views