Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Carnival Gift Cards -

We know many of you are anxiously awaiting the return of Carnival gift cards, and we will update AARP Rewards participants on the status of these cards.

There are other great ways to use your points in AARP Rewards, such as:  experiences, gift cards to a large array of services and of course our sweepstakes and instant wins!

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

From another member:  We know there are other ways to redeem our points, but the Carnival Gift Cards are my main reason for joining.  So let's go!

Silver Conversationalist

Not real sure what I am doing and how this forum works, how to send a question, or reply to a post. I posted this message on 11/8 but haven't seen a reply or I don't know where to look. I did check the help section but not real sure how to work this forum.
"Teri: If you win a carnival gift card sweeps that ran from 9/24 through 10/12/2019 and the drawing was on around 10/23/2019 and you were notified by email on 11/9/2019 was the win in the month of October or November. The rules say only one win per month ???😱😱.please tell me it was October and I am still eligible for a November sweeps win"
lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@rednexsrus You are still eligible for any November Sweepstakes or current offers. We will update AARP Rewards participants when Carnival gift cards return.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

It's been almost 2 months and there hasn't been a new update for the addition of the payment type of gift code purchase. only paypal and apple pay only. hopefully in December AARP already provides other payments such as accepting a debit card

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I am confused. I just won the $500.00 carnival cruise gift card sweepstakes that ran 9/24/19 to 10/13/19. They drew the winners around 10/23/19. What is all the talk about these cards not being available. I am not really thrilled about winning as I will never be able to use it.😪😪 My question was: I wasn’t notified until 11/8/19. IS THIS GOING TO BE A OCTOBER WIN OR A NOVEMBER WIN (ONLY 1 WIN PER MONTH )
Is the rule going to be the win counts in the month you are notified NOT when the drawing takes place ???? ANYONE interested in obtaining this card ???
lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rednexsrus   Please be advised that our Terms of Service are pretty clear about winning gift cards and they are not something you can sell.

1. Participants are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with use of any Rewards not stated in the Rewards Catalog as being provided.  Rewards are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Participants may not substitute, assign or sell Rewards or redeem a Rewards for cash.  All Rewards details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.

https://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/rewards-terms-and-conditions/

To answer your original question, the win is counted for the month in which the sweepstakes officially ended in your case October.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Terri: I had no idea this rewards sweepstakes win ($500 carnival cruise gift card) would cause so much confusion & disappointment. 😩😩 I received this email from the Rewards Administrator (helloworldfulfillment.com) today 11/14/2019 @ 9:25 am.

“ Hi Lucy,
Thank you for your patience while we looked into this. This win would be considered as a win for the month of November. This is because you were notified and approved for this prize in November. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Thank you,
HelloWorld Customer Care”

What should I do ? Do I continue to enter the current sweepstakes with no chance of winning ( (1) win per month restriction ) or just sit on the sidelines until December??
Thank you
lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hello AARPTeri: I know you may be getting frustrated with me over this Carnival Cruise Gift Card fiasco BUT I feel very strong concerning the month a sweepstakes win will be counted. Will it be as you said " the month in which the sweeps ends" or "in the month you are notified of the win" as HelloWorld our Adminstrator had said. With only one (1) win per month restriction it makes a difference. I feel other AARP members would like a clear decision. I recieved this email this morning 11/15/2019 @ 9:58 am from our AARP Rewards Administrator.
"Hi, Lucy
We sincerely apologize for the confusion that we have cause. AARP was correct in telling
you that your win counted for the month of October. The win limits are based on the month
of entry. Not when you are notified of the win. You are still eligible for the for the
November sweepstakes. Again, we apologize for the confusion and misinformation that we
provided. We appreciate your patience while we worked through this issue. "
Best Regards,
HelloWorld Customer Care
So it appears you were right about the win date will be in the month the sweeps ends, not when HelloWorld finds time to notify the winner. Hope this finally puts this issue to bed. Again thank you for your patience.
lucyp061351
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rednexsrus   

We apologize for the confusion around the official Sweepstakes Win Limits.

To confirm, the win limits are based on the month of entry. This means that if you win a sweeps that you entered for in October, you cannot win another October sweeps. Our sweeps administrator will adjust the communication you received below so that it is correct moving forward.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks for clearing up what month a win will be assigned to. Contest end date or notification date. With only (1) win per month this really makes a difference. I will have to be more careful in the future not to participate in a sweeps or reward that I dislike or have no interest in. Just my bad luck to have won a sweeps that I cannot use😩😩😩😩
lucyp061351
Regular Contributor

Since @AARPTeri  and @AARPConnieB  seem to have exhausted their non-sensical answers they have assigned this to you @ 

Donna Frizzell
Periodic Contributor

AARPJodeeR,

Thank you for your reply, however we are all aware of the other benefits that are available to us. I for one, and probably the majority of us post on this message board, our only interest is when, or even, IF the Carnival Gift Cards are returning. Are they?  

AARP, the world STILL awaits your reply.

Joe, AARP member since 2006

Community Concierge

@jc50748700  We will update the community on the status of these gift cards in the near future. Thanks for your interest and hope you're enjoying AARP Rewards, such as: experiences, gift cards to a large array of services and of course our sweepstakes and instant wins!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

how can we enjoy something that has been taken away from us..CARNIVAL GIFT CARDS,,, not much incentive to even go into your so called new proram..its kinda like if i have nothing better to do i might go unto the rewards to see all the upset people you have created.what a shame..

Silver Conversationalist

Teri: If you win a carnival gift card sweeps that ran from 9/24 through 10/12/2019 and the drawing was on around 10/23/2019 and you were notified by email on 11/9/2019 was the win in the month of October or November. The rules say only one win per month ???😱😱.please tell me it was October and I am still eligible for a November sweeps win. Thanks

lucyp061351
Regular Contributor

@AARPTerri- We want the Carnival Cards not all the other nonsense you all have put on as "Rewards".  When I renewed my membership, there was nothing about changing reward programs and discontinuing the Carnival discounted cards.  Had I known then, there is no way I would have renewed my memebrship.  Fraud?  Oversight?  Just plain don't care?  I don't know what AARP's problem is but it is losing members head over heels because of this. 

Donna Frizzell
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP