AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone received this prize? -Great Jobs for Everyone Book

Message 1 of 7

@neldat357771 wrote:

I'm not sure it's the same book, but "Great Jobs for Everyone 50+ : Finding Work That Keeps You Happy and Healthy..." is rated 3.8 stars (101 reviews) on Amazon. There's also the option to "Look Inside" at sample pages. Quite a few used copies are available on eBay for less than $5.

I almost always do a Google search for items available on AARP Rewards before purchasing to see reviews and prices. A lot of the items on the old AARP Rewards for Good had not so good ratings or could be purchased elsewhere for less money.

Thanks!!! Hopefully UPS will deliver it this week. Hugs, Angela

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

I'm not sure it's the same book, but "Great Jobs for Everyone 50+ : Finding Work That Keeps You Happy and Healthy..." is rated 3.8 stars (101 reviews) on Amazon. There's also the option to "Look Inside" at sample pages. Quite a few used copies are available on eBay for less than $5.

I almost always do a Google search for items available on AARP Rewards before purchasing to see reviews and prices. A lot of the items on the old AARP Rewards for Good had not so good ratings or could be purchased elsewhere for less money.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

@mi4090 wrote:

@AngelaS579497 

Angela, I'm viewing the videos to earn points and exercise ones are good.  But, I worked for the public library for 10 years and almost hated to see a book, bookmark or a library after moving forward as an Affiliate Real Estate Broker.  But I do love books and have read a ton of themSmiley Wink Definitely ole school, but love the newest technology also.

Good Luck on finding a new jobSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Thanks Marylin!!! Hugs, Angela

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@AngelaS579497 

Angela, I'm viewing the videos to earn points and exercise ones are good.  But, I worked for the public library for 10 years and almost hated to see a book, bookmark or a library after moving forward as an Affiliate Real Estate Broker.  But I do love books and have read a ton of themSmiley Wink Definitely ole school, but love the newest technology also.

Good Luck on finding a new jobSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

@mi4090 wrote:

Hello @AngelaS579497 

Angela, I didn't us my points on it, because with the Job Search video for 50+ with (5) different names on the Earn page, it's probably the same information, just written.

Lots of things are changing on the site, product names, winners list, transaction historySmiley Frustrated

Good Luck with the book and hope it's what you want, I posted a screenshot of Redeem page early on and it did say Seniors.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Thanks Marylin. I am old school and love the printed version of things. Lol, online stresses me out. And nothing like being able to use a pretty bookmark and underline stuff. Hugs, Angela

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Hello @AngelaS579497 

Angela, I didn't us my points on it, because with the Job Search video for 50+ with (5) different names on the Earn page, it's probably the same information, just written.

Lots of things are changing on the site, product names, winners list, transaction historySmiley Frustrated

Good Luck with the book and hope it's what you want, I posted a screenshot of Redeem page early on and it did say Seniors.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Anyone received this prize? -Great Jobs for Everyone Book

Message 7 of 7

Hello Everyone!

Has anyone received the Great Jobs for Everyone Book prize through the AARP AWARDS program?

If yes, what do you think of it?

Did it help you with finding a job or income source?

When the prize was displayed on the AWARD site, I thought it was for seniors. Lol, the email I received TODAY saying it has been SHIPPED to me does not have that text included. When I went back to check on the AWARDS SITE, it is NO LONGER there.

I hope it is for SENIORS and NOT another job searching book with the SAME old tips for everyone.

At age 61, I already know a book geared to all ages does not help me/lol. Anyway, would love to hear from you if you have received this prize. Mine apparently was shipped YESTERDAY. Now to hope it arrives and does not get stolen while I am at work. Yes, looking for another job to take me to NEXT year when I file for Social Security at age 62. Over the job from HELL Smiley Sad

Capture.PNG

Hugs,

Angela

Kudos
Views
Replies