Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Rewards is a disapointment

Message 21 of 29

@CLBS 

Yes, Improve the Program...Redemption of Points Only for Gift Cards!

AndrewToo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 29

Totally useless program.  If you are going to give me points, then let them be worth something.  Saving $2.00 on a $25.00 restaurant certificate?  Worthless.  Put some gift cards and other rewards on here that we can get by using points only.  That would be worth my time.  This pathetic program is a complete waste of time.

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 29

@GlennC529142 Right now, there isn’t the ability to filter or search the Rewards catalog.

AARP Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 29

@AARPConnieB 

Why ask members to call a number where nobody can assist you.  Spoke with (3) Customer Service Reps and (2) Supervisors to no avail.

Everyone in Customer Service needs to be trained to stop talking and listen.  AARP where are you getting these unprofessional, no nothing, can't understand anything folks from?

Let us rate the Customer Service we receive, like other major companies (i.e. AT&T) and pay them based on how they are rated by members.  I guess the building would be emptySmiley LOLI

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 29

hi, for questions regarding rewards points, please contact AARP Rewards Support by calling, toll free: 1-866-451-6305. Representatives are available from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM ET. Thank you!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 29

Ditto.  Old program seemed better.  Anyone know how to sort rewards by points or value?  Thanks.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 29

totally agree nothing I will really use on any of the options offered. I liked the old rewards program. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 29

Hello @jimmiezwei 

Jimmie you're not alone I'm sure thousands of members haven't renewed.  This is not acceptable to treat paying members this way.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP Rewards is a disapointment

Message 29 of 29

After a couple of month on the "new and improved" rewards program I am bitterly disapointed in the lack of usable resturant gift cards as well as some travel related ones.

1. Low price points ie $23 for a $25 dollar card an 8% savings

2. Only allowed one card a month from a retailer

3. only 3 retailers can be purchased from in a month

I barely cover the cost of an evening meal with my wife with those rules, much less one nice meal each week.

My only reason for joining AARP was for the 50% point bonus for members in the R4G program.  If this new program does not improve significantly, I wont renew my membership when it expires.

Kudos
Views
Replies