Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Rewards - Beta

Thank you all for your patience as we work through fixes in our Beta version of AARP Rewards.  We provided links in the community to the Beta program knowing you were anxious to participate.  Beta really is about testing and getting out the kinks before we truly go public.  We appreciate your help providing feedback, but hope you also understand that we will be fixing bugs and issues along the way.  We apologize if this was not clear when began posting in the community to jump in and test.

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

OMG!!!!! Thanksgiving came early...REWARDS program redemption works today (Nov 19,2020) ..finally, after 7 (SEVEN) weeks of daily trying, msgs , phone calls and prayers...Now if I win something it will be a Merry Christmas. LOL
0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@2Old2Slow Excellent! Thanks for updating us. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Contributor

Still unable to earn rewards.  when is beta testing over?  getting frustrated have filled out 3 tickets and still unable to earn on phone or p.c.   have tried google chrome, i.e., firefox and none work.  have cleared history and cookies...nada.... can we go back to the old program??

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bd2475   We are working on a resolution for a group of users who are having an issue accessing this site.  We will let you know when this is resolved.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

If your AARP Rewards is now live, it still has kinks. I can't view anything! All I get is that an error has occured. Everything else is greyed out.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @lmlafortune we are working on resolving a few issues. Please try using a different browser, we recommend that you use Google Chrome, if possible.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm not a fan of how it's laid out.  Too many clicks and scrolling, can't easily find anything like the old program. Not much of a discount for gift cards.  I truly hope it improves.  I would of thought the beta testing would of been done long before scrubbing the old program. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @snordyke 

Just goes to show how much are memberships are valuedSmiley Sad

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Contributor

@AARPTeri I have a question about an old Rewards for Good program. I saw your post with the phone number for them. But how can I contact them by any other means - email, social media, whatever? I really don't want to call on the phone and have to spell out everything and possibly get it wrong. It's a quick question that can be handled much faster in writing. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

This rewards program is a waste of time,a dollar off  on a gift card, nothing to really use your points on..I am sure they paid  big bucks to have some  company  think this up...I use to work for AARP for 27 yrs in health insurance and every  3 to 4 months they would come up with these brain storm ideas.. a new name or some silly way to tell people you do need this or that ..I'm sure they didn't think to ask what members would want.

Trusted Contributor

Oops, I spoke too soon.  Now ads are appearing in the body of the text and yes, they are annoying.

Trusted Contributor

I have an ad at the top of the page but it isn't scrolling. In fact, I never noticed it before.  It just sits there.  It is weird how everyone is having different experiences with the new program.  I'm having trouble logging in every day.  I try 10 or 15 times before something miraculously works.  I try from different URLs but nothing helps.  I got in today by going through one of the kudos emails and then logging in from there. 

Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo @mi4090  @chas0501 

Hey Andrew Charles & Marylin 

Love all of your replies 

Charles definitely feels like Crash Dummies 🤯 its always great when in face of what seems crazy & going through Twilight Zone to be able find something to laugh about

I've got a question I'm most always accessing things on my phone

Are you all experiencing the crazy new ads (see pic below) scrolling across our community pages its quiet aggravating to say the least 

Just curious if me only seeing these things as I've never noticed before so thinking a new thing they've added for income??? Really wild was covering half my screen when adding pic Strange indeed🤔🤯

Have a beautiful Sunday 

Ginger  :  ) 

Ad zipping along on my pagesAd zipping along on my pages

Social Butterfly

Hello Gem @gm5271 

I'm glad you posted the phone pic.  It really displays how the mobile phone experience of AARP Rewards can be nearly impossible because of banner ads.  I know that banner ads should be expected, however, is AARP willing to force (at least some) mobile users to use the interface displayed?   A picture is worth a thousand words; are they that desperate to sell us products/services?  If that problem continues, you might consider creating a topic so other cell phone users may share their experience and remind AARP Rewards of the problem going forward.

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Indeed

I'm blessed have a big phone Note 8 couldn't imagine if had flip phone like my brother & others with smaller screens 

Was gonna write some thoughts then decided go check out few things b4 finished this post. 

Well now understand what you said....I just went check out Community site & Rewards site on Fire Tablet shows no ads so its only a mobile phone issue??

Also checked Chrome on phone it also shows ads but not on tablet so you using a PC only have the banner ads at top Correct? 

Also checked if settings for no popups made difference not on phone still see ads regardless of settings

@chas0501 

Charles were you on a phone when seeing ads? 

Seems to be only happening on mobile phones 

Still not cool but reckon will use tablet if doing quizzes and such not have deal with ads

Thanks Andrew for letting me know 

Enjoy

Ginger  :  )

Trusted Contributor

Yes Ginger---I mostly use my smartphone.  My old PC is too slow for most everything on this site---as well as many other sites.  Really gotta get around to getting that new laptop out of its box and start using it!!

Charlie. 😕

choochoochas
Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

I am only seeing the banner ads on AARP pages, rather than the AARP Rewards pages themselves.  Sorry, I am on a laptop and the ads are on the quiz pages (top and side of page) and the videos have embedded ads (at the start).  So, if you want to earn, you will likely end up on a page with an ad.

But, again, your phone interface is just awful Smiley Sad

Edit: the online community page has a banner ad at the top of the page and one on the right side of the page also.

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

I just started seeing them this morningSmiley Surprised Between this advertisment and the one's you can't skip on the videos any longer, it's horrible.  AARP is going to sale us to death while trying to earn points, guess if you want the points you've got to endure the sales ads nowSmiley Sad

No Daily/Wkly Instant Wins now, just buy somethingSmiley FrustratedWe want your MONEYSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Contributor

Hi Ginger!  Yes, trying right now to type this reply and an ad keeps scrolling up and half blocking my text.  I have to scroll up and down just to proofread and make sure I don't type just how much this p****s me off!

Enjoy your day!

Charlie

choochoochas
Social Butterfly

@chas0501 

Yes its a pain in the rump

& the stinky part is most are something to do with AARP that we members are aware like right now its "Hot Deals"

I can't stand it 

Well I used to believe Our Community was sacred ground not anymore with locking & deleting & moving posts and now crazy ads jumping around on post pages Crazy

Ginger 🤯🤔😏🙃

Regular Social Butterfly

Teri and AARP Community Associates, thanks for the update.

I worked IT including testing for over 30 years (before it was called "IT") and have no complaints, as in my estimation, and based on my grandma's wisdom, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" (whatever that does mean ;)...

In fact, it's becoming so annoying to read new posts complaining about "rewards" I'd almost want them to go away, like the irritating, constant Medicare renewal television ads.

Maybe those dissatisfied should have one thread that might help AARP identify specific issues, instead of 10 every day? just asking...

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman 

And here you are complaining about community members' complaining. The very definition of a hypocrite!   And asking that their comments be sequestered to one thread?  Hmm...Maybe you should stop reading the forum if you find it so annoying? just saying...

Andrew

@WebWiseWoman wrote:

Teri and AARP Community Associates, thanks for the update.

I worked IT including testing for over 30 years (before it was called "IT") and have no complaints, as in my estimation, and based on my grandma's wisdom, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" (whatever that does mean ;)...

In fact, it's becoming so annoying to read new posts complaining about "rewards" I'd almost want them to go away, like the irritating, constant Medicare renewal television ads.

Maybe those dissatisfied should have one thread that might help AARP identify specific issues, instead of 10 every day? just asking...

#VegasStrong

AndrewToo
Trusted Contributor

I'm actually enjoying the posts - in fact it is my favorite part of the new rewards program.  So...  keep those comments(good and bad) coming.

Social Butterfly

@mlafayet 

Yes, some of the people are quite funny.

@mi4090 with her Crash Test Dummies comment, and,

@chas0501 with the Betamax analogy;

cracked me up! 😁

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, I can't take credit for the "Crash Test Dummies" that was @chas0501 (Chas):smileylol:  Wish I'd thought of it, funny but trueSmiley Sad

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Contributor

Hey marylin, thank you...very gracious of you!  But your comment contributed to my thought, so you deserve to share the credit.  We're all in this together!

Charlie

choochoochas
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @chas0501 

Charlie, thanks so much.  You are right, we are all in the same sinking boat togetherSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Trusted Contributor

And I guess it's on me for not understanding the term Beta (I thought it meant "version 2"). Turns out that in this context it's more equivalent to Sony's Beta Max---remember how well that worked out?

choochoochas
Trusted Contributor

So WE are the crash test dummies??  Well at least we've provided plenty of feedback about what's wrong!  Still waiting for anything I would want to spend my points on...

choochoochas
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP