Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's up with the no emails with Rewards for Good promo codes?

Message 1 of 32

@Epster Yes, I checked the spam issue and the email address is the same.  AARP Teri pressed the issue and today I received a newsletter I subscribed to!   Don't know what the problem was but I am hopeful it has been resolved.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 32

@vjramey  We will look into this further and get back you.  Thanks for posting!

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 32

@HokiePoq wrote:

@VoyagerVicki Thanks so much for following up.  I signed up for all that have the Rewards for Good badge.   I still haven't received any of them.  I do get the 2 a week emails from Rewards for Good.

@HokiePoq Wondering if maybe somehow you are spam filtering out these emails. Also wonder if putting the email address(es?) that send the emails with promo codes in them on your white list might help. I assume you have determined that there is not an issue with your own email address. The email address that's subscribed is also the email account that you check, right? (I mean, this is an error I could easily make as I use about a hundred alias email addresses in order to keep my real addy private.)

Hoping this is helpful,

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 32

@n5661921 I feel your pain, lol.   I do get the R4G codes that come about twice a week but never a webletter or any other newsletter.  Somehow the subscription process does not work for me.  I agree it would be very helpful if one of our gracious AARP hosts would post these every week or two.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 32

Hey @n566192l  maybe you didn't get my PM. Here it is again:

Sorry, I have been busy elsewhere. You can get the AARP & R4G promo codes yourself by following these steps (or by calling the customer service people: they can probably walk you through the process).

The codes are at the bottom of the emails, and each email is linked to your account, so you can click on the code box and be taken to your account in order to enter the promo code. You have to subscribe to the Rewards for Good emails separately than from the AARP emails that give Rewards for Good points. To subscribe to the R4G emails click on "Rewards for Good" in the red bar at the top of your screen, then click on "Redeem My Points" in the middle of the screen, then click on "My Rewards" in the red bar; then in the middle of the page, next to the red box with your name and address in it, you'll see "Email preferences". Click on "Email preferences". Click on both options and click 'save'. Ta da.

Smiley Happy

Here are the codes I received this week, sorry if any of them have expired already: WL18Autumn,  healthygift4u, 1k4urfuture

That's the end of the PM I sent you a few days ago, but here's a new fresh promo code out of a Rewards for Good email this morning: 1kheadstart

You'll fare far better by getting your subscriptions fixed than by waiting for me to get around to sending you weekly codes, as I'm barely here anymore and simply don't have time to send you 3-4 PMs a week about codes.

Hoping this helps and wishing you happy points earning!

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 32

Can you please start posting the codes . I have signed up for the newsletters and even asked Epster for help with this issue. thanks..Nancy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 32

I've been an AARP member for several years, but the past year has been somewhat problematic. I haven't received a Daily Deal I supposedly acquired, there hasn't been updated point quizzes, received few promo emails, and bidding items are more difficult to obtain. I believe this is my last subscription.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 32

@VoyagerVicki Thanks so much for following up.  I signed up for all that have the Rewards for Good badge.   I still haven't received any of them.  I do get the 2 a week emails from Rewards for Good.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 32

@GGarten @HokiePoq

Which newsletters have you signed up for but haven't been receiving? I'll check with subscriptions to make sure you're on the list for them.

And, HokiePoq, did you happen to receive the webletter this past weekend? Sometimes it might go out a day or two late instead of on Friday.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 32

Ditto.  Same issue here.   Where are the regular emails we've seen for some tiime now that have Promo Codes (e.g. 150 points)?

What happened?

I'm subscribed to the proper subscriptions but they no longer arrive.

Are they discontinued?

Note:  I've received an apology email in the past with "make up" promo codes (thanks), when a vague statement that "... we expect the emails to be back online in the future".   That's over a month ago.  Still no reinstatement of these emails.  What's up, specifically.

Thanks.

Kudos
Views