Find answers to your Social Security questions in the AARP Social Security resource center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's the reason Customer Support isn't helping on a Daily Deal question???

Message 1 of 10

Hello @tesuga ,

Sorry you got the error message, my problem was completely different.  In Cart and unable to  "Continue" .  The problems are getting worst the closer it gets to the end.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's the reason Customer Support isn't helping on a Daily Deal question???

Message 2 of 10

@tesuga 

Hey T

Congrats on the Daily Deals you've gotten that's wonderful

They've always had a good variety of items Myself don't want all things offered but like you said its Sweet when get 1 you want  ....I believe the system does pretty ok no one meant to win all everyday everytime so there's Joy when you do 

I'm truly gonna miss having Daily Deals at 3 to try for but we can go after them for another weekish 

Good luck may you get more 

Go early Tap tap Early 

Ginger  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

Well stated Tomsowa!

I have received that 'almost got it'  'Error Adding item to Cart' message many many times over the past few weeks.

That delayed system pause, waiting to see if it was added to my cart...

then not, is extremely annoying!

I have to wait to refresh the page until I know if I need to keep trying or not.

From a curiosity and 'needs to make sense to me' answer standpoint , I am interested in knowing what is actually happening when that occurs.

That 'Error Adding item to cart' makes it sound like I did my job, but 'the system' was unable to complete the process (for some reason, ???).

I was able to get a couple of the $5 Gift Card Deals over the past few weeks, and am happy about those.

I'm also happy to hear when someone finally gets one for the first time after trying for a long time.

Ya think Amazon could afford one for everyone though!  Smiley Wink

And, maybe there should be a Consolation Prize for the person that got that

Error message the most times.  Smiley Wink

Best wishes to all!

T

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

Hello @Tomsowa ,

I've only tried to get the "Daily Deal" twice since being a member.  I've never gotten the error message that @andrewtoo Andrew posted a screenshot of.  The first time I tried a "points only" daily deal I got it using @gm5271 Ginger's method.  Second time it was "All Items in Cart" and I haven't tried again.

I hope you're successful in getting the deal you want.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

I AGREE that it's an indication you *Almost won the deal.

In most cases, you can't even get that page. 

So it's a sign that the server isn't working quick enough to respond to requests.

The ideal way this works is:  Either you can get the deal, or you don't.

There really shouldn't be an in-between state that lets a member think they're on their way to redeeming.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

This is the screen I see when I am too late to win....or they are all gone.   So many try at once that it floods their server I think.

Doubt there's much incentive to fix it or say "all gone" or something like that with this contractor ending September 23.  Makes it look like a computer error but IMHO it just means we didn't win.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@Tomsowa 

I cleared my cookies before the Daily Deal on Friday and got the error message below.  Customer Service already gave me a "one-time courtesy" of a $5 gift card from a call once before, so I didn't call.  I get a one-time courtesy because of a faulty website...huh?!?

001 Daily Deal Error Adding to Shopping Cart 9-6-19.JPG

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Hello @Tomsowa ,

I have found that to be Customer Service's answer to any problem you're having with R4G's siteSmiley LOL  Must be nice to repeat the same statement all day and still get paidSmiley Surprised

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

@Tomsowa 

Hey Tom

Thought you might benefit from a post I just posted on another thread to another person..... hope it helps

Also take note of my thoughts what to do with only Red Continue box Once in cart with out fraud box you won't lose it if do what I say here & gotta complete within 20 minutes 

Good luck 

Its a screenshot & located on another post in R4G 

Ginger  :  ) 

Screenshot_20190907-162055_Samsung Internet.jpgWay get Daily Deal

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

What's the reason Customer Support isn't helping on a Daily Deal question???

Message 10 of 10

If you run into the problem of CHOOSING a Daily Deal item and then you get a stuck screen supposedly telling you to CONTINUE to complete the deal, please learn from my experience that the AARP Rewards customer support group won't help at all.

The note below was their reply after I explained, in detail, how I (once again) ran afoul of the very awful rewards web site, which always finds a way to frustrate me.  I correctly and in a timely way selected the Home Depot $5 offer and it looked like I would be lucky enough to get it.

Of course, I wasn't able.The system is not designed to make AARP members feel rewarded. More like frustrated and ignored.

Worse yet, the customer service rep tried to suggest my browser was the problem.

That replay to me was thoughtless and misguided. If my browser was the issue, I'd never have been able to make the selection of the gift card offer at all. I'd have been stuck well before that option.

Anyway, I still and will always feel pure anger and irritation over how badly AARP allowed the rewards program to become.

Reference # --------------------------------------------------------------- 190906-000498 Subject --------------------------------------------------------------- AARP Rewards for Good - Daily Deal Inquiry
Dear Member,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the difficulties you experienced while attempting to purchase the Daily Deal. Unfortunately at this time the $5 Home Depot Gift Card offered in the Daily Deal is no longer available. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We have found that most website issues can be resolved by refreshing your browser and also by clearing your cache and cookies. Stored cookies may slow down the browser and also impact the proper display of websites. Cookies are maintained by the web browser, so the method for deleting them may vary. Please ensure you are using the most updated version of your web browser. Our website has been tested and works best with Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Thank you for being an AARP Rewards for Good member.

Kudos
Views
Replies