Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What is the deal with auctions, various amounts win

Message 1 of 4

@fishdoggy1 wrote:

If you look at closed auctions people won $15 Walmart gift cards at auction on 7/21 for 150,000 points and 64,000 points and I think 15,000 points. I am sure the person that spent 150 thousand would have rather used 100 thousand less? I know only one was offered and I bid I think 30,000 points and was out bid, seems odd.

@fishdoggy1  I think a person could either make one heckovan 'elderly persons grip on finance' study or, alternately, go a little bit insane trying to get to the bottom of why what happens on the Rewards for Good auction boards happens.

Lots of people think those ridiculously high auction bids are placed by bots for scammers. I say scamming for a $15 Walmart gift card is inconceivable. But then, having taken 3 years to amass over a million rewards points myself, I have no answer as to why an actual non-scamming human being would choose to spend rewards points in that manner, either, so I, too, tend to lean toward the bots theory. 

Bottom line: I. Don't. Know. ... Sorry. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@Richva wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about and it is probably posted to the wrong board but I love the fact that you are using math. 

@Richva  LOL! This is hands down my favorite thing that you've ever posted. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

@fishdoggy1 wrote:

If you look at closed auctions people won $15 Walmart gift cards at auction on 7/21 for 150,000 points and 64,000 points and I think 15,000 points. I am sure the person that spent 150 thousand would have rather used 100 thousand less? I know only one was offered and I bid I think 30,000 points and was out bid, seems odd.

I have no idea what you are talking about and it is probably posted to the wrong board but I love the fact that you are using math. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

What is the deal with auctions, various amounts win

Message 4 of 4

Kudos
Views
Replies