Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Was R4G Really a Reward?

Message 1 of 6

Hello Community,

Bringing this post back to top for members to post their feelings about the R4G program.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

@Brightpool 

Hey Lynn,

Congratulations still, that's great!! Wish you could have been the grand prize winnerSmiley Happy  

Thanks for explaining it.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Hi, Marylin,

No, it wasn't an annuity to add up to $50,000. The sweepstakes was for one person to win $50,000 at once.

As part of the sweepstakes, though, they had a special link to a page with a picture of a hard shell roll-around suitcase. I could go through the link and click on that picture once a day when I entered the sweepstakes in the main, but separate, exercise. Clicking that picture gave me a chance at the daily prize of $50. It was a one-shot per day deal and the timing in the day was evidently random. Sometime during the day, the $50 prize would be active and whoever clicked the picture at that moment (or soon after?) would win just the prize for that day only.

One day, I clicked at just the right time and won the $50. That's it.

I received an e-mail telling me about my win. After I verified my identity and that I did really want the prize (well, yeah!), they sent me a $50 VISA gift card. Just $50. Just the once.

I don't know who won the grand prize.

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@Brightpool 

Hello Lynn,

Congratulations on your huge winHeartHeart

Did you get $10,000, wasn't it for (5) winners to split the 50,000? So they pay you in CASH someway $50.00 daily until you reach the total amount?  Sorry, to be asking so many questions but it so wonderful to hear that someone really won something of value, especially that I actually communicate withSmiley Happy

Let me know, and again enjoy that fantastic win!!!!

So happy for youHeart

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Hi, Marylin,

The largest single monetary-equivalent prize I got was a $50 daily prize on the $50,000 sweepstakes from not long ago.
But, I have received several $5, $10, $15, and even $25 cards over the years, either free from points (daily deals and such) or at discount. I have also received discounts from 10 percent to 20 percent on gift cards for dining. I haven't sat down to figure it all exactly, but I'm pretty sure RfG has paid me back enough that I will break even or maybe come out ahead on paying my annual dues for AARP for the rest of my life if I live as long as my Dad did (100 years).
In less tangible ways, I have received knowledge about retirement, money, travel, and relationships, along with several other topics along the way. I have used calculators and articles to help me determine my financial strengths and weaknesses.
My points are nearing the end of their usefulness, but I still plan to get a bit more value from them against further discounts on gift cards when we approach the end of the RfG program. I'll also continue to enter any Sweepstakes offered that I think I can use.

Onward and upward!

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Was R4G Really a Reward?

Message 6 of 6

Hello AARP Community Members,

I'd like to know if you feel that the Rewards for Good program really rewarded you for anything?

Now that the R4G program is ending and we are losing our points, what real rewards did you receive via the program (i.e. Sweeps or Auction valued $1,000 and over)?

Let's here from you if got something of value during this program or what was your reward?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.