Join AARP panelists live Nov. 18 for a free webinar on ride-sharing. Register now to learn more about apps like Uber and Lyft.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Was R4G Really a Reward?

Message 1 of 20

Good Afternoon R4G Warriors,

This message was just posted by Administration on another post.

@AARPBriana wrote:

@mi4090There will be no change in August, as the point limit will remain the same (2,000). Details for September will be announced at a later date.

We are just giving away our hard earned points for $5 to $25 items.  We only have September left now to have an opportunity to use more than the 2,000 point limit that has been imposed on us. 

Is the program Rewards for Good really for the good of seniors with all that is happening now.

If you have received anything valued at a $1,000 or more please let us hear from you for encouragement.  The program is ending now!!

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

@HokiePoq 

Awesome hope you get something nice

Totally get that my Mom's dad was a Peddler in MS selling homemade cane syrup and vegetables & watermelons 

He passed away when I was 10 .... they got indoor plumbing around then 

My mom called my dad White bread boy cause she only had biscuits and was ashamed of them... Dad grew up in Meridian MS his dad owned a block till they divorced in 50's he had sandwiches with bread for school.... always loved listening to the stories 

Got long winded

Enjoy your day 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

Thanks a bunch.  I will have to log in to my account and see if I can join.  My bill is over $300 a month so I am leaving a gift card or so on the table, lol.

Guess I am just a frugal person.   A lot of us who were raised by people who lived through the great depression are.   We are not poor but......I wash and reuse my ziploc bags, for example.  My family was green before going green became a thing.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

@HokiePoq 

Hokie forgot to say they text me each month when I've earned reward so I know go check what have offer can't recall if setup for that but probably did 

Hope you get you something

GEM:  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

@HokiePoq 

Maybe they won't freak me putting info here since you saw last post fast maybe you'll see b4 gets deleted

Yes Verizon started Verizon Up used have to add up to$300 in bills b4 earned but couple months ago started giving you an earn credit each month mine kinda falls in mid month so if don't like ones have then wait till 1st month it changes pick one then b4 credit expires 

2 Screenshots below of me just going there moment ago got $3 Panera Bread

e-card its free so worth it to me $3 bucks is $3 bucks

Check out & check Verizon app can't say its online haven't checked I use app 

Good luck 

Ginger :  ) 

Screenshot_20190703-201457_My Verizon.jpgVerizon Up pageScreenshot_20190703-201418_My Verizon.jpgMy reward just got

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

@gm5271   I got notice that Verizon rewards was ending.  Did it just change to something different that you need to resign up for?   Never one to miss out on a gift card, lol.  Thanks in advance.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

@HokiePoq 

& oh yes Hokie I too spend way too much time on AARP & R4G sites. .. most of my day

Maybe something trying say time for a change ?

Ginger Smiley Wink

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

@HokiePoq @leonp574353 

Indeed lots gone away

I didn't think of Verizon but indeed it changed... they did just update it that get a choice free card each month not just earnings from total bill pay.... got a couple BedBathBeyound gift cards but most times the choices stink 

I got email from Coke other day went to app entered some contests but truly don't think could win like a lottery now cause you can just scan the sip & scan pic from cans & bottles to enter I scanned the same can over 100 times for 5 different contests they limit 25 day but still gotta know millions are doing that... only 1 contest required actual code so not much use saving em anymore

I wanna hope for better things with R4G I'm no techie so can't say for sure but seems program we've had took actual folks to setup and run & such then new change probably be done by computer so no longer can offer same things ?¿?

Guess we'll see 

Happy 4th of July 

Ginger  :  ) 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

@leonp574353 

Congratulations on the savings you received with Carnival gift card discounts.

It's a waiting game now to see, promise is that AARP Rewards will be bigger and better.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

@leonp574353   I had forgotten about Verizon rewards going down the tubes so to speak.  Got a couple of gift cards.  As much as we pay per month we should be getting them still.

That was a good deal for Carnival.  I wish it had been for the other Carnival lines as we don't sail Carnival but do sail Holland America.  Maybe one of the admins can let us know if the gift cards will still be sold.   Really shouldn't even take points to get those as gift cards (not Carnival!) are sold at a discount elsewhere.

Kudos
Views