Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: To AARP Site Managers: PLEASE COMBINE THE MULTIPLE THREADS complaining about the "Daily De

Message 1 of 10

Thanks @AARPTeri that is going to be helpful, it would be good idea for a lot of numerous posts about the same issues.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: To AARP Site Managers: PLEASE COMBINE THE MULTIPLE THREADS complaining about the "Daily De

Message 2 of 10

@CatGiorgia66   Thank you for your suggestion.  Since there seems to be a consensus with this, I will start to combine some of the threads and we appreciate your feedback

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

Hello @HokiePoq ,

I was able to get points for the Driver Safety tool after bringing @andrewtoo Andrew's post back to the top after (1) week and still no badge.  I haven't looked since the Adm adjustment was made, but that's sad that the tool is gone.

I feel that everything is going to be totally different with AARP RewardsSmiley Frustrated  Learning, searching and reading everything all over again.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

Hate to remind of this....but all Daily Deal discussions will be moot points come September.   

For a while now it has seemed that things are eliminated as flaws/complaints have been made.  

Latest example is the elimination of the Driver Safety locator monthly task.   Someone rightly called attention that it didn't have points....whamo...it's gone not fixed.   Same with a number of calcuators over the last year.    I'm just hoping the DD hangs in there until September.  It is one thing I can still do with a low point total.  

Do threads for different topics sometimes need to be combined?  Yes, I agree but it isn't a big issue for me.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

Hello @CatGiorgia66 ,

You are welcome, and stating our opinions is what the community is all about.  Outdated software may be the reason for numerous issues.

It's MarylinSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

Thank you, Marilyn, gm5271, and Andrewtoo!  I know from many other fora that combining topics is one of the most important jobs of moderators.  The fact that this simple task doesn't get accomplished on this site is just a token of the out-dated, under-performing software. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@CatGiorgia66 

Hello CatGiorgia,

I totally agree with you, and it's a reasonable request to ask of Administration/Site Managers.  If the IT department wanted to fix it, I'm sure it could be done.  

This is a horrible way to treat paying members, and having to search numerous post that all complain about the same issue, while getting no answers is just plain wrong! 

Speak your mind!!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

@CatGiorgia66  I agree with you in fact and tone, "speak" your mind; you have not written anything out of line. 

We don't own this site but I'm a Community Member (as well as an AARP Member) and therefore a stakeholder in this site, my opinion counts and I will not be silenced by another member.  If the Admin's don't like what I write then they can ignore me which happens regularly, but, I believe it is to their detriment.

@CatGiorgia66 wrote:
"...ANSWER THE ISSUE; i.e., GET IT FIXED!!!!"

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

Wow! Since you can't own this site (that provides free access and games), but feel the need to order people around, how about going to godaddy or another site where you can buy your own site and order people around?

Just sayin'

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong

#NeverTrump

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

To AARP Site Managers: PLEASE COMBINE THE MULTIPLE THREADS complaining about the "Daily Deal"

Message 10 of 10
There are at least ten different threads which all contain the telltale words "rip-off," or "scam," or "frustration," or words to that effect.  Given how many people are experiencing the same problem of the "vanishing" Daily Deal, I think it would be nice if you'd combine all of these threads into one mega-thread, and then ANSWER THE ISSUE; i.e., GET IT FIXED!!!!

Here are some examples:

Kudos
Views
Replies