Re: The AARP Thank You Sweepstakes toward the change to AARP Rewards

Message 1 of 7

@Brightpool 

Hey Lynn Thanks a bunch 

Very good sounding explanation of issue 

Appreciate you satisfying my curiosity Thanks

Have a beautiful evening 

Ginger ;  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

Thanks, Ginger,

With my severely finite knowledge of coding and the Internet, I can only give a general guess about why we cannot get to the RfG sites as easily as before.

The issue would usually be from some change in the coding from one day when it does work to the next day when it doesn't. This is usually attributed to human error while a programmer is trying to fix something that may or may not be related to the new issue. This would likely affect all users trying to access the site by clicking links as usual.

If it isn't in the coding on their side, it can be interference from something in our browsers or on the Internet connections to get to the RfG site. The latter seems less likely to me, but I do not know enough to be able to say that it cannot happen. If the latter does happen, I would guess that it could be related to a particular browser problem (Google Chrome, Firefox, or other), maybe a change that came across in their updates, and wouldn't show up for everybody, but only those who use the affected browser.

I suppose other things are possible, but these seem to me to be the most likely causes of such an issue popping up. Troubleshooting the exact cause would certainly require more knowledge and access than I have.

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

@Brightpool 

Wow Lynn 

Great job You Rock 😎

No I hadn't read that info but did reread the Changeover which has updates as they've announced things

Really interesting information So only 100K points matter now so that's cool Since my discovery of the fact can send Free Magazines to anyone I burned up half my points sending them to family think got 7 different ones super cool for Free

Really appreciate your checking out info & keeping up to date on stuff 

Now have a Tech Guy 👨‍💻question :

What be your thoughts on these issues of R4G site not staying up as always has ?(not considering its total site breakdowns we've all lived with in last year) Really seems strange have to use bookmarked site to reload site every time go to it

Any ideas about it? Thanks

Again Thanks 

Ginger  ;  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

Hello @k153633d ,

Thanks for that, but not sure I deserve it.  I'm curious, and have been for a while, due to how Deluxe Rewards was handling the R4G website.  The numerous issues, struggles and site crashes while getting the points in the later years wasn't fair. 

It's great that (Lynn) @Brightpool looked into that, and I appreciate it.  But, I'm truly shocked about the "Auctions" rules being broken, and seems that any Rules can now be whatever they want, regardless of how members feel.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker ++
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Dear Mary!in,

Thank you for your posts!  You and others who have posted have spent so much time trying to figure out how this program will end.  You certainly make me a little more cheerful as I will be losing 40,000 points in the graveyard after my first 100,000 points will go into the sweepstakes. So happy the playIng field is leveled for everyone according to the rules.  That being said thanks to you and the others who have relentlessly searched for answers.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

@Brightpool 

Hello Lynn,

Glad you looked at the rules, but the winners are still supposedly random Smiley LOL(Points Graveyard)!!!!

With the "Auction" rules that were thrown out the window, seems to be favoritism going on to me.

I'm seriously questioning everything in regards to favoritismSmiley SadSweeps, Auctions and Daily Deals!

As @gm5271 (Ginger) posted and I agree "Hello Suckers" .

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The AARP Thank You Sweepstakes toward the change to AARP Rewards

Message 7 of 7

How many of you have taken the time to look at the rules for the AARP Thank You Sweepstakes?

I finally looked through them this morning.

Over these past few weeks, I've seen people post opinions ranging from "I'm done" to "I hope the new system will be better." In many cases, newer members have worried that they have no way to even things up to be on par with more long-term members. While this may be true for current workings of RfG, the AARP Thank You Sweepstakes has built-in provisions to level the playing field for all, at least for that Sweepstakes.

The first item from the rules that I want to mention is that points still existing in our accounts will be rounded up to the nearest 1,000 before the points are applied to entries in the AARP Thank You Sweepstakes. If a person has even 1 point left at the end, that 1 point will become 1,000 points toward the Sweepstakes drawings.Then, each 1,000 points will become an entry.

The second item is that the Sweepstakes is limited to 100 entries per person. A person with 99,001 or more points, which gets rounded up to 100,000 for the purpose of the Sweepstakes entries, will have the same chance on the Sweepstakes as the first person to sign up for RfG with 3,000,000+ points (just a figure I threw out there).

The third item is that a person who has too few points to have 100 entries can mail in 3x5" cards with their information to make up the difference, with each card correctly submitted qualifying for 1 entry. It would be an extra effort and expense for supplies and stamps, but it is a way.

I wish us all luck in the AARP Thank You Sweepstakes and with the new AARP Rewards program.

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Replies