Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sweepstakes Entry Clicks

Message 11 of 15

Exactly, AA,

If two people are in a contest with 1 point each, they have a 50:50 chance of winning.
If two people are in a contest with 1,000,000,000 points each, they have a 50:50 chance of winning.
As has been pointed out by you and others, this change from 50 to 200 points serves only to use up our remaining points a little faster and to weed out anybody who doesn't notice the change or just gives up on the system. We certainly do not receive any added benefit from the change.

Enjoy!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

It is not a wonderful thing at all, what makes you think so?  If the limit was 10 entries and now its 200, and assuming that everybody is going to increase their entries to 200, so the chances of winning are still the same as before.  All it does is to waste consumers points, and nothing else.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker ++
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

If you move your curser past the number 1, and then type in 99 you will reach the 200 max for each sweepstakes.  That is after the number 1, type in 99.

On another note, I  feel I've lost my "best friend" on Thursday, when points were not longer obtainable.  I certainly was hooked on doing the daily, weekly, and monthly quizzes and feel "lost" every day.  I've given myself a little challenge to do something special with the time I was programmed daily to gain points.  In my case I am cleaning a drawer, rearranging a closet, writing a letter, or saying a little prayer with the time usually spent on AARP.  I hope AARP realizes that their faithful daily followers are missing that daily ritual and will consider doing something to help us fill our time until mid-September.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

@lenaid49 

Hello Lenaid,

That's a very good idea, maybe Managers/Adm will see it and make it possible.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Sweepstakes Entry Clicks

Message 15 of 15

Raising the daily sweepstakes entries to 200 is a good thing.  But is there going to be a change in the method to make those entries?  Clicking 200 entries on every sweepstakes every day is both time consuming and painful for arthritic fingers/hands.   It would be wonderful if we could just type in the number of entries (up to the limit) we want for each sweepstakes or a button to click that states "Maximum Entries".

Kudos
Views
Replies