Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Spanish Language Medicare Search Tool Disabled

Message 1 of 8

@AARPTeri  Thanks for letting us know.  However, I think this one still needs fixing. 

https://www.aarp.org/espanol/salud/vida-saludable/info-07-2012/trivia-abdominales-elimine-grasa-barr...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

Great!

Now, perhaps we can tackle all the English- and Spanish-language calculators and tools that still don't work! If you need a list, please just let me know.

Have a terrific weekend!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@Epster @ab1695 @k380494p  We have gotten all of the quizzes fixed, you should be able to get your points now.  Sorry for the confusion.  Wishing you all a good weekend.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@ab1695 @k380494p @AARPTeri  I'm glad we're talking about this.

The loss of Spanish language tasks, as well as the fact that they generally gave fewer points than the English version has been troubling me. Too, the length of time to fix broken activities is annoying, to say the least.

So yay. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

Hey, aarp mods: When you guve an answer like that, I have to wonder whether you just aren't in touch with what's really going on or if Stepford technology has finally reached into the bowels of AARP.

When the daily health tools stopped awarding points MONTHS AGO (and haven't been fixed), how long would it have taken to just restore the previous version, since when they were "fixed," they weren't broken to begin with? And, btw, why isn't it an AARP staffer "discovering" that things are FUBARed, but rather almost always a "civilian"?

We've been told over an over (ad naseum, if you wanna get real about it), that the reason AARP employees are allowed to have membership privileges (and to win auctions and sweepstakes) (whether or not they are eligible for AARP membership) is that they have to viscerally understand how the site works. Seems to me it's taking them an unconscionably long time for them to achieve that state. Perhaps a "visceral" understanding is less important than an intellectual one.

And before you start shaking your heads, you mods, and deciding that if I'm going to quibble about a few measly and meaningless quiz points I'm an obsessed and limited human being, be aware: It's not about the points, which I'm aware are meaningless (and cost me nothing more than the remaining time I have above ground <g>), it's NOT THE POINTS. It's the cynical belief that you all can spout mealy-mouthed platitudes, boiler-plate public-relations pabulum and out-and-out misleading statements and expect us to believe them. There really are limits to the hypocrisy we can stomach. (How's that for visceral?!)

We get enough of this behavior and language from our elected officials and petty bureaucrats. Could we make this nonprofit organization stand for honesty? Reality?

I now end this rant! <g>

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@Epster  I know what you mean about losing the points on the quizzes 'En Espanol'.  I quickly went through the quizzes after reading your earlier post and 32 of the 56 listed quizzes in Spanish have no point badge associated with them any more.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

@Epster  When we find something that isn't working the team will be removing it and this is what you have seen happening.  We will have them back up when fixed.  Thank you.  

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Spanish Language Medicare Search Tool Disabled

Message 8 of 8

At some point today after 5 AM the Spanish language Medicare Search Tool was disabled. It used to be one of the daily activities to earn points. 30, to be exact. But there is no longer a search  field, and neither is there a Rewards for Good point badge. 

I may be wrong, but it seems points badges have been disappearing one by one from Spanish language quizzes, too. (Yes indeed, I really to routinely check such things: you'd be gobsmacked at how many points I've earned doing this sort of thing)

Is this on purpose? Are we slowly losing the Spanish language activities on Rewards for Good?

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.