Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: So How Many Points are YOU going to lose?

Message 1 of 14

Just so you know, you do not have to be a member of AARP to take advantage of the tax service. I worked in a library, and we had them come in, and people from all walks of life took advantage of it. You are right about the hotel discounts. I don't travel that much, but I am aware of them, just have not had much opportunity to utilize them. I ask wherever I go if they give a senior discount. Sometimes they don't, but they'll give me a percentage of something off just for asking! I do go to Outback quite a bit, and they give an AARP discount as well. That is another thing I have been disappointed with; I think they could work a little harder at getting discounts for their members. And a different types of places.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

I was well aware of the change. It is the way this was handled that was inept. Not being able to log on quickly enough for the Daily Deals, not being given enough notice, having so many points after taking all the quizzes and surveys, and not having enough time to participate because the website wasn't cooperating. If you read this thread, you will see that others are in agreement.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

I at least wanted to donate my points to charity. The option was up all week, and now gone. All the effort to acrue these points will go to waste. Lots of time spent. 

I keep my AARP because some of the hotels give AARP discounts, but not Senior discounts. Just one stay saves me money even after the yearly dues. 

I also took advantage of the free tax service.

So there are some benefits

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

@pageturner   We are sorry to hear that you weren't aware of this change.  We have been sending emails, posting notices across our website and I have been posting in these forums for many months.  We have utilized many channels to insure we got the message out to all participants.  There are still magazine subscriptions available to use with your points - https://rewards.aarp.org/#/merchandise/department/23/filters?filters=Featuring%3DPoints%20Only&_k=cl...

And you will also be automatically enrolled in our Thank You Sweeps - more info is here:  https://community.aarp.org/t5/Rewards-for-Good/Thank-You-Sweepstakes-50-Winners/td-p/2175719/jump-to...

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

Yes, yes and yes!!! Thank you for the  kudo! It seems most people are in agreement on this thread. And I know this may sound crazy, but I wondered why you could only donate to the AARP Foundation. Why didn't they give other organizations that we could donate to? I certainly never intend to give them any more of my money, except what they get for my membership, and that may end soon too! I have known several people, older than myself, who never joined AARP because they did not think much of the organization. I am beginning to see why! I am glad that our enrollment in Rewards for Good does not automatically roll over into AARP Rewards, because as I said, I do not intend to participate in it any longer. I think we have been duped long enough!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

possibly a much better experience after we lose all of our points that took years to acrue?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

completely agree. after years of taking quizzes and entering codes for points. i now have 16,000 points and it won't even let me donate them. i was holding out for the last daily deal gift card today, and actually got to the computer on time and when the countdown hit zero, it still was too late to add it to my cart. now i can't even donate, the link is gone. wnhat a waste of time and energy.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

Hey, All,

The AARP Rewards “for Good” program is absolutely not “for Good;” it never has been, and never will be!  I have 18k points, and it would cost me an average of $45 per “redemption” of 500 points for each one of 36 “$50 face value” gift cards.  That’s $1620!!!!  I don’t think so!

The AARP “rewards” are, quite frankly, not rewarding.  It seems to me that the program change will be in name only; there will not be any change in program “substance.”  Thanks for nothing, AARP!

Rev.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

Hello @PamelaP376013 

I understand your frustration and have had problems with R4G program, but I'll stick with it to see what happens until time to renewSmiley Happy

Hopefully it will be a much better experience going forward.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

I am with you! Number one, do they think we have nothing better to do than sit staring at our phones or computers waiting for the Daily Deals to come at 3:00 every day? And they are the only things that are free! I, like you, don't have the budget to be getting anything, and I think the selections are awful. They should have given us more notice. Just so you know, I read in the Question and Answer section that we will have to re-register for the AARP Rewards program!!! Just because you are now in Rewards for Good doesn't mean you will automatically be enrolled in the AARP Rewards program. I, for one, will not be registering. It's a scam. And so is AARP, in my opinion. I have had bad experiences with them recently with other issues, and I already know I am not registering for the new Rewards program. I will now lose 9,000 points, and I really don't care; let them put it toward the Sweepstakes, maybe I'll get lucky!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users