Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sneak Preview – Donate Your Reward Points to Make a Difference!

Message 11 of 38

@sandy 

Ok Sandy thanks

I was typing post to ask where Banner is

So will there be NO Banner? As we've had in past? 

There needs to be a banner so folks can find it all month as they visit community if in post it'll get lost in the shuffle So I certainly hope they'll be a banner

Thanks for your help 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 38

@mi4090 

Marylin Morning 

When you go to correct page as in screenshot You only need enter 1 quantity for 1000 or 2 for 2000 points and it'll show $10/$20 at top

We can donate soon 

Thanks for your generosity 

Ginger :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 38

@mi4090 , @andrewtoo , @gm5271 That link will be available later this afternoon.  We will post to this forum letting you know when that is done and share the link.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 38

@andrewtoo @gm5271 

Hello Andrew & Ginger,

I did go to the page in the screenshot you posted GingerSmiley Happy I didn't see anything different than it was Sunday this morning.

I found the direct link to donate on Sunday after doing some searching and my link or login is completely BROKEN!

I can't enter a 1,000, mine stops at 999 and nothing goes in the Shopping CartSmiley Sad

I hope others are able to donate.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 38

@gm5271 Gem,

Thanks for posing the donation banner!  That may help some people looking for it tomorrow.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 38

@gm5271 

Thanks, I'll be watching.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 38

@mi4090 

Marylin

There's no link to my pictures I took them in past have saved on phone

The link you keep mentioning never goes away its a link for ALL folks to donate cash to AARP Foundation 

Tomorrow hopefully you'll see the banner to click to donate for JULY  it starts tomorrow only limit for JUNE has been met not July which is why there's no banner to click at this time

Wish could find picture of banner but have searched my photos can't find ...... Whoo whoo I searched posts was Sweeps thread we all were chatting about making donations Thank God I found the picture of banner 

Check it out you may recall seeing it..... hope this helps

Screenshot_20190605-125733_Samsung Internet.jpgBanner for Donations at top

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 38

@gm5271 @AARPTeri @VoyagerVicki 

Hello Ginger,

With this link: https://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/ 

I have a banner showing now, but will only allow cash donations.  If limit is met for July, why is my banner still showing.

Please send me the web address for the screenshot you have displayed.

Thank you for your helpSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Sunday,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 38

@mi4090 

Marylin

I suspect the Banner will appear tomorrow since we can't donate till the 1st 

So be on lookout on top of Rewards page after midnight Sandy said it'd be back & the link is different than one "Donate" on AARP Site which is for anyone to use to make cash donations. 

Answer to your question it doesn't require any information or credit card info to put in your donation It knows who you are by being signed on & works the same as getting a Daily Deal just for points. Also they'll send you an email confirmation of your donation which I believe may be deductible

I have no clue what amount limit could be but I'd guess with millions of members it is most likely in the millions 

Many companies have set amounts with donations... if read on anything saying donations be made if purchase product small print will say "up to $$$millions" will be donated. 

Anyway any amount is awesome and its great way for members to donate even Seniors living on fixed income can help by earning points then donating & feel they are giving back without costing money to help Really awesome to me 

Hopefully we all will be able donate again in August b4 program ends. 

Thanks for all you do

Screenshot_20190626-162200_Samsung Internet.jpgDonation page

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 38

@AARPTeri @VoyagerVicki @AARPLynne @gm5271 

Hello Ginger & Valued Community Managers,

Thanks for bringing this back to top; I read a thread about meeting the limit on AARP foundation donations, what's the limit the Foundation can get in total points per month via donations?  I know the limit for July increased per member to 2,000 pts.  Is there a time limit on making the donation?  

Where is the option to donate points instead of cash?  Don't see it!!!  I could be over looking where you select points instead, of cash.  Is it necessary to enter the credit card information to make points donation?

I only see options to donate via credit card or paypal.  I truly want to help with donating the maximum points I can to help support struggling seniors!!!

Thank you for any responses or answers I can get before the 1st.

Have a Blessed Sunday,

Marylin 

Kudos
Views