Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sneak Preview – Donate Your Reward Points to Make a Difference!

Message 21 of 38

Happy Day everyone

Wanted to get this topic back up top so you can read info about Donating points to AARP Foundation & info about the Foundation 

Thanks all for your generosity 

Ginger :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: – Donate Your Reward Points to Make a Difference!

Message 22 of 38

@mi4090 

Indeed

My thoughts exactly

&

AARP Foundation did a trial test last year of supplying Homebound Seniors with AI/ Smart Devices/ Echoes I'd like to think Amazon donated products but truly no clue anyway having delivered meals to folks who rarely saw anyone With how my Echoes have been blessing to my life I felt this was awesome trying this out and they just approved it was a successful venture AARP Foundation now wants to proceed with providing these for Lonely Seniors which they can connect with Mangers of Senior Housing who can announce things with drop in & stay in contact along with  the friendship one can have with their Alexas & do video chats with family just as I do and lots more

I'm very interested in helping with this in my area once Raleigh AARP center begins 

So indeed every little bit helps AARP has so many members if each donates $5 thorough shopping with Amazon that'll add up to lots of funds for seniors

Thanks for your support and all you do in helping and the part you play in making this community great 

Enjoy your Monday 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 38

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

Thanks for letting us know about The Amazon Smile Foundation and donations to AARP Foundation.  I'm a Prime member and sure there are many others.  This is great information!!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 38

https://smile.amazon.co

FYI Everyone

It occurred to me that I needed to add this info to this thread 

I'm a Amazon Shopper for many years maybe you are if so wanna make you aware of something I discovered few years ago 

Amazon allows you to shop on SmileAmazon which you can designate a charity and they will donate money to your chosen charity for which I did to St Jude early on.... then tried AARP Foundation and Yes could designate them so now they donate to AARP Foundation each time I order. 

Take note: Orders for SmileAmazon are only online not through Amazon App but here's what I do since App and Alexa are easiest to shop I do my shopping & put in cart then once ready to place order I then go to SmileAmazon online it'll have my cart items place order then donation is made. 

It can add up & Amazon will send a quarterly report of your donations and their total donations to AARP Foundation from all purchases from everyone. 

Below see screenshot with info about Donation program

Have a beautiful one...

Happy shopping and make your purchases help Seniors

Thanks

Ginger : ) 

Screenshot_20190612-074457_Samsung Internet.jpgAmazon Donation Information

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 38

@mi4090 

Marylin

Glad could help

I myself support and believe very much in all its efforts and services to help & support Seniors

Sure you can request to be mailed or possibly read online the publications that provide all kinds of info about what they do. 

Enjoy your weekend 

Ginger  : ) 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 38

@mi4090   The AARP foundation is the only option for donating points at this time.  

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 38

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

That was very helpful information and good to know the Foundation is awarding grants. Hooray!!!!

Let the Donations begin!!  Very impressiveSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 38

@mi4090 

Other Screenshots: 

Screenshot_20190606-161911_Samsung Internet.jpgExpense TabScreenshot_20190606-162051_Samsung Internet.jpgPie Chart tab

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 38

@mi4090

Hey its a simple link

Just went to site did 4 screenshots of tabs on site which shows some breakdown of things but as with any charity you can always request a detailed financial report from them: Screenshot_20190606-163052_Samsung Internet.jpgInfo contact AARP Foundation

Hope this helps 

@AARPTeri Teri can you provide any answers to Marylin questions?  Thanks 

Couple of screenshots: 

Screenshot_20190606-161758_Samsung Internet.jpgCharity Navigator RatingScreenshot_20190606-161853_Samsung Internet.jpgIncome tab

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 38

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

I haven't looked at the link yet, but is it showing who the foundation supports with funds?  Are they donations or grants applied for by 501(c)3 senior foundations that were awarded?

Is the link for a list of additional 501(c)3's that help seniors, where points can be donated also?  Since you have researched this link, please let me know a little more about it.  Sorry but my time is somewhat limited.  I will get around to researching it soonSmiley Happy

I appreciate your knowledge, assistance and help.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Kudos
Views