Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Sneak Preview – Donate Your Reward Points to Make a Difference!

Message 31 of 38

@mi4090 

Morning Marylin 

If your interested you can go to Charity Navigator 

https://www.charitynavigator.org/

Then put in AARP then you can click all the tabs to see amounts of monies and grants which its a huge amount but also they use it 

Tabs show How Funds spent, Amount Leaders are paid & lots more 

AARP FOUNDATION has good rating and if recall correctly 82% of every $ goes to services they provide 

Check it out if you haven't 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 38

@AARPTeri @gm5271 @VoyagerVicki 

Good Morning Ladies,

I think the foundation does wonderful things for seniors and deserves Kudos!! 

Are there other 501(c)3 charities that help seniors that you can donate some points to?  This would spread the help around, and enable them to provide more assistance in their communities?  Upon local 501(c)3 obtaining enough donated points they can cash them in to receive a grant amount to continue the work they do for seniors on a local level.Smiley Wink

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: RE: Donate Your Reward Points to Make a Difference!

Message 33 of 38

https://www.aarp.org/aarp-foundation/

Hopefully I've done correctly if so this will provide a link to AARP Foundation site 

Thanks

Ginger  ;  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

RE: Donate Your Reward Points to Make a Difference!

Message 34 of 38

@AARPTeri wrote:

DONATE & FEEL GREAT – Use Your Reward Points For a Good Cause

Right now, seniors across the country -- including in your state and community -- are struggling to get through the day as they face issues with hunger, housing, income, and isolation. You can help them.  Your points donation will connect vulnerable older adults with the assistance they need to take on these challenges from foreclosure prevention counseling to food assistance and more.

Donate your points to:

foundation.jpg

Hey Everyone 

I've considered posting a new topic about Donation of Points to AARP Foundation because several members have been discussing this on the "Don't forget Sweeps" Topic. I decided to do some searches for past posts b4 creating a new topic this one I've quoted is from 2017 So I feel it is time to bring it back to Top of Topics vs A new Topic.

This is a very great and easy way for all members to donate $10 each month using 1000 points to AARP Foundation which is AARP's Charity that supports Seniors in many ways providing meals, Free Tax Preparation, & much more with your donations and all the Volunteers help. Which AARP & Foundation sites provides lots of information about all ways we can Help & Volunteer.  Also your donation is Tax Deductible. 

If you decide to become a donor through funds you'll then recieve the "to Serve" Publication 4 times a year which provides updates about what Foundation is doing and New ideas and recognition of all the Volunteers that make all these programs possible. 

You can do a search to read more.

Several members have questions about where funds go and such. Please feel free to post your questions here & with this being Helper Teri's post hopefully she can provide the needed answers. 

Thanks to all who help and for all you do in making this community work and be such a blessing to us all. 

Gratefully

Ginger  :  ) 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 38

@rs61402923

You can donate points by clicking on the Donation banner located on the home page of the catalog site. The direct link to the donation page is here: https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarpPFCAug18

You can donate 1,000 points a month.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 38

How Exactly do you donate your points? Where is the link to do so?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 38

I'd like more information about what the points would/could be used for, exactly,  and wonder if a donor might be afforded the option to choose a use, but I think this is an interesting and encouraging option.

Here's the breakdown: it's a $10 donation for every 1,000 Rewards points.

1000 point equals $10 donation.png

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Sneak Preview – Donate Your Reward Points to Make a Difference!

Message 38 of 38

DONATE & FEEL GREAT – Use Your Reward Points For a Good Cause

Right now, seniors across the country -- including in your state and community -- are struggling to get through the day as they face issues with hunger, housing, income, and isolation. You can help them.  Your points donation will connect vulnerable older adults with the assistance they need to take on these challenges from foreclosure prevention counseling to food assistance and more.

Donate your points to:

foundation.jpg

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies