Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards points

Message 1 of 3

I think there is a lot of outrage.  Unfortunately the responsible management over the program have insulated themselves from the community and these poor forum moderators have to listen to the complaints with no ability to drive change, make improvements or suggestions and lastly influence the leadership who is responsible for this program.

Unfortunately, I think AARP is losing membership and they are struggling to maintain membership levels by offering reduced offers like $20 a year. They aren't able to maintain the platform that for many years was used to lobby Congress for our benefit.  So the leadership looks at the budget and says this program costs too much for the return, and therefore they cut that down and out of the budget.

Lastly, my thought is that they knew they had a major problem with the points, whether from some crafty scammers collecting points or from some lack of internal control and they are trying to resolve it.

They provide us surveys and allow you to comment.  I suggest that when they pop up you use them to complain as those comments are collected by an independent company and the results can generally impact performance reviews.

I need to make a note on my next survery  for AARP Teri and AARP Voyager Vicki and give them kudos because they have a thankless job.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards points

Message 2 of 3

OH I have anger and major disappointment. Some years ago I could win items up for bid but not the last 3 year. Something chand and the great prizes they offered ofter became seldom which sent everyone into a frenzy and drive up the bids for $5 giftcards.  Right now people are bidding hundreds of thousands of points for a $5-10 item; I’d rather lose my points then to know I spent months and years answering quizes just to win five bucks.   Rewards for Good became a joke .

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Rewards points

Message 3 of 3

I think it is shameful that people that have been accumulating points for years will lose them! It's bad enough that there are NO good deals to use the points on, or that the deals are used up less than a second after they are posted, but why should I lose all the time I spent earning points? Why do I not hear more outrage from AARP  members?

Kudos
Views
Replies