Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Rewards for Goods

Message 1 of 22

to me, this triggered bad memories of my pension being cut in half--i think our generation thought (thinks) that hard work and time served will be eventually rewarded, although many times the ending and reality is very different.

It's just a game, but i think people anger is triggered by past events Just my Humble Opinion (or as my daugher says IMHO)  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 22

@Tumbleweed22 

Hello T

Noticed your new to our Community Welcome 

We've gained some new folks through this big R4G changeover glad you are here

The helpers promise more details and deals to use our points b4 lose them 

Not sure your aware you can donate 2000 points($20 donation) to AARP Foundation which helps Seniors a good way to use some points

Its been kinda crazy & you are not alone in feeling we shouldn't lose points but we are powerless over that

Hopefully things will be as great as they say time will tell

Again Welcome we are all here to help each other through this process

Also there are many great topics outside of R4G and opportunities to form connections with others on shared interest in topics 

Look forward to hearing more from you

Enjoy your day!  

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 22

Hello @lp5422 ,

I think we should keep are points too.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 22

Your new plan to not roll over reward points is ridiculous. Do the right thing and let us keep our points!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 22

@sandy 

Hello Sandy,

How do you know if you are a Legacy user, and what is a Legacy user?

Thanks so much for letting me knowSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 22

@HokiePoq 

@sandy 

Hey Hokie this is great news to hear Yippee 

Awesome to also know this will be part of R4G that will continue truly a blessing

& opportunity  to give back 

Thanks Sandy I truly wish were more but can understand if AARP has a monthly set goal they agree to donate to Foundation which I was unaware of till all this guess didn't notice link going away during months once was reached

Anyway I/We sure  appreciate all you girls help in making the double limit happen that is definitely an improvement & helps us use some points for good

Thanks 

Gratefully 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 22

@HokiePoq Yes, the points donation limit for June has already been reached. This will reset on Monday, July 1, so you will be able to donate points again then. 

We are going to double monthly limits in July in recognition of how people want to do more for charity.  Look out for the new July charity link starting Monday.

We know that our members love giving back which is why this redemption option will be a part of the AARP Rewards program.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 22

@gm5271   The donation option is gone?     I thought one of the admins posted that one could still donate.   Perhaps many people started to do that so it was stopped???

I have about the same number of points as you and I'm so very glad no more than that.  So much time has been invested.   

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 22

@McCall4744, Rewards for Good is more than just collecting points.  I hear you and don't want to play down the amount of time you've spent earning them either.  Rewards for Good is also about the learning you've gained from completing activities that benefit your health, finances, and personal life.  Many Rewards for Good participants have told us this themselves.  We ask that you at least give it a change before you decide to not participate.  

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 22

Why would we think this new program is such a good deal.  We lose the points we have built up and to start over again to only lose  the points when you give very little notice and make another change.  Why waste our time in the future to accumulate points?  Please explain this to me.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors